1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Gabon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I thought the same thing. If she was tanking it (I don't think she was) that would be one thing, but that was just pathetic.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think that's a poor assumption. The one jackass keeps wearing his tie to tribal council.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If I'm anywhere close to be selected to be on Survivor, every meeting I attend I've got a swiss army knife and other essentials jammed up where it can't be found, and I'm wearing boots.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That's me every day, and I've never even applied to be on 'Survivor.'

5. jps

jps Active Member

you suppose they just swing by and pick you up from your job or something, leaving you generally ill-prepared clothing wise for the adventure?

6. Why does the tribe need a leader anyway?
    The Olympic athlete is a joke.
    The whole Fang tribe is a joke, in fact.

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Bringing along coke-bottle glasses might help with making a fire, no?

8. jps

jps Active Member

my guess is that they'd nix that, tg, unless you actually need the things. they're not in the business of making this easy on these people - that's not good tv. though trying to convince them that you need reading glasses -- you know, for tree mail -- might be an easier sell.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Anybody who is on that show should show up wearing glasses for that reason. It's even been talked about before on the show.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Why did the producers give Fang a flint to make fire?
    Flint was a prize for the winners of the challenge. Fang lost the challenge, but then got flint anyway.
    Lame.
    It also robbed us of the chance to watch that stupid, tie-wearing bastard trying to get a spark by striking an animal bone with a machete.

11. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

It's possible my memory is going, but I could've sworn they haven't done that in the past, until a tribe has "discovered" fire.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Fire was up for grabs in the challenge, but later they showed the losing tribe with a flint starting a fire.

Draft saved Draft deleted