1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Gabon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Good cast, could be a solid season.

I kind of dug that first girl voted out. I think she might have been the first Survivor ever to get blurred out because you could see her cooch through her undies.

And I say this with an unblemished record of heterosexuality, but I think the dudes are better looking than the women this year. Maybe they did some marketing research.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Any time there is blood, blurred bodies and medics is a good sign for a strong Survivor season. One of the things I don't like about the show is that they clearly go out of their way to recruit players who haven't seen the show. While I'm sure this makes for better TV, you end up with people who have no clue, making the same idiotic mistakes early season after season.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

G.C. would take about five minutes to get on my nerves. "Call me G.C. or G. Sizzle." How about I call you moron and give you a double helping of STFU?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't care what you want me to call you douchebag, just tell me how to spell it out on the card.

5. TwoGloves

I'm sure it won't be long before that happens. How many freaking times has he already told people not to tell him what to do? Lose the attitude, G.DoucheSizzle.

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Probst has this game figured out. He kind of beat a leader out of that tribe because he knows that will create drama. The "leader" tag is the dumbest part of this show. All it does is give the other tribe members a cheap excuse to vote someone off. It never fails, they all know it yet nobody wants to admit it.

I'm glad, glad, glad Gillian was voted off. Man was she annoying. She almost died on the hill while her team was getting their asses handed to them, and she went and talked about how great everyone did. Then they voted off the one girl who actually got up the hill because she was pretty honest about how shitty everyone was.

And the Olympic athlete looked like a crap athlete. Dress or no dress, shouldn't a gold medalist be able to climb a hill better than a professional video game player? Hello?

7. TwoGloves

What's with the guys wearing suits? I could see wearing a suit if you had a bunch of clothes on underneath. Then, you might be able to win some friends among the women by giving them your jacket or pants when it gets really cold as long as you have something else like shorts or sweats or something underneath. As for GC's tribe, it might prove to be the worst/dumbest in Survivor history.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think they ask people to wear what they'd normally wear for work, and often the start of the game is sprung on them -- they are told they're going to a cast photo shoot or something. You've got to think if those guys had had the option of playing the game in a full set of jungle gear from REI, they would have. I assume they're not just morons.

Also, I kind of liked that the one guy made a bow tie out of his buff. That was amusing.

9. Gold

Gold Active Member

Never been a Survivor or reality show fan.

I think the winner should be anybody who can find Gabon on an unmarked map of Africa.

10. andrews_mom

andrews_mom New Member

I heard Charlie has been IMing Clay Aiken

11. jps

jps Active Member

watched online and one of the little clips they have on there is of the chick that got voted out ranting for a few minutes. she does say something about how maybe her attire wasn't appropriate for being out there, and says something like 'but that's not my fault ... it's not like I got to choose what I wore.' seemed an odd statement.

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Charlie = gay Tom Brady.
    I've quickly become a fan of the guy who looks like Nick Nolte in the drunken mug shot. I don't think he makes merge, but he'll be good for some laughs.
    What was Gillian thinking with the mom tribe? This has the makings of a tribe worse than Ulong in Palau. The St. Louis Rams will win before this tribe does.
    Whiny first girl out should've just shut her yap. Gillian seemed like the obvious boot before that.
    Can't wait for the three-way pan-sexual catfight to break out over Marcus.

Draft saved Draft deleted