1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Gabon

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Aug 27, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

This might be a first: a gold-medal-winning Olympic athlete, Crystal Cox, will try her hand:

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think they've had an olympian before, I don't think they were a gold medalist though. I know they've had a professional athlete with Gary Hogeboom.
  3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey he went to Central Michigan but he didn't play ball there!
  4. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's what he told Dani - I think - when she outed him as Gary Hogeboom. Said he wasn't but while he did go to Central Michigan he didn't play football there.
  6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

It should be Survivor: Angola!
  7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Make sure you watch the premiere, if this plays out like Palau. There was a female (name escapes me) heptathlete who competed in the Pan-American Games and only missed out on the Olympics due to turmoil in her personal life. She tried to be a tribe leader, but when her tribe (Ulong, worst tribe in Survivor history, which featured the legendary Stephenie) lost the first immunity challenge, she became the target, and her ousting put them on the fail express.
    I'm afraid Crystal will be a big target early.
  8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Nobody survives Angola!
  9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

I predict two things based on the first 25 minutes: Gillian is out as soon as they get the chance and Sugar's boobs are out for public consumption before the end of the third episode.
  10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm embarassed to admit that over the past few seasons, I have become a 'Survivor' watcher.
    The GF watches, and I drifted into it.
    I'm DVR tonight's premier. I'm still at work and then have class in 20 minutes.
  11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Active Member

Might not want to read further on this thread until you watch the episode. That said ....

I think prediction No. 1 is about to come true in the next few minutes. Hopefully, No. 2 ain't far behind!
  12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Charlie = Stalker
Draft saved Draft deleted