1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor finale running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, May 11, 2007.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

That challenge to go to the final three is usually a bitch. Standing on a pole for hours or something like that. Can't see Yau surviving it unless Cassandra is still around. Then he beats her. If Yau gets to the final two or three (not sure how they're doing it this time around), he should win. How can you vote against the guy?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see how the jury votes. Dreamz was the only guy who voted with those now gone at any point in the game and I don't see him getting any votes from the Four Horsemen (Mookie, Alex, Edgardo or Rocky). Lisi is the wild card. I dont' see Michelle or Stacy voting for Dreamz. Boo doesn't have a lot of friends, either.

3. clarkington

clarkington Member

But remember, Yau already won the challenge where they had to stand on the pegs. He always does well when it counts. I'd like to see Earl win.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

It's on now. I couldn't get my wife away from it if the house was on fire.

5. TwoGloves

Douche Bag Dreamz (whose name I hate, by the way) just screwed himself. There's no way they give him the $1 million after what he just did. At least he could give Yau the truck back. Biggest hose job in Survivor history.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Wait - is this on now? Last night, one of the networks ran a promo for the winner (who they named) on their morning show on Monday. I can't remember which network showed it.

7. TwoGloves

What a phony! The guy talks about being honorable for his kid and doing this that and the other thing so his kid will know he's a stand-up guy and then he turns around and says he has no qualms about screwing Yau. Don't give him a fucking vote! Your dad is a phony, kid.

8. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

My daughter's into this. I'm not. So I've seen enough of the last couple of shows to know about the deal.

Not surprised Dreamz (is that his real name?) didn't keep his word. I thought that the first minute Yao Man made the offer. This show has lived on cheaters and liars and backstabbers. What would we expect? An upstanding moral winner?

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if I would have given up the immunity necklace, but if I were Dreamz, at the very least, I wouldn't have voted for Yau. I'd have given him a shot to win a tiebreaker to get to the final three. And yes, you have to give the truck back.

This is only about the third episode I've seen this season, but that made for some interesting viewing.

10. TwoGloves

If they had voted for Cassandra they don't find themselves in this boat. But this shitstorm they're facing is great!

11. TwoGloves

The producers have to be loving this. The show was always accused of not being diverse enough and now you've got three black people in the finals.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Doesn't sound very diverse to me. ;)

Some of those jurors just made complete asses of themselves as they tried to be like Susan the trucker from Season 1 and deliver a memorable final rant.

Alex asked Cassandra a question and then went of on her telling her to be quiet and saying it's his time to talk ... wtf? If I were her, I would have gone off on him and not shut my mouth until he was done telling me to be quiet.

Lisi(?) the shitty player who basically gave up asked some really dumb questions and made very little sense.

Most were just annoying.

Draft saved Draft deleted