1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor finale running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, May 11, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Has Yau Man played the best game strategically or what? Now all he needs to do is win immunity or have Earl win immunity and he's got a great chance at final three.

Shaping up to be a final full of unexpected twists. I don't know if it'll top the Ozzie-Yul finish last season, but it could come close because honestly, I don't know who the hell will win out of the five.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yau is THE Man! - I know I wouldn't want to face him in the final two, but Earl seems to be a pretty stand-up guy. Should be a pretty good shit-storm on Sunday. Earl and Yau should hook in with Boo and dump Cassandra. I've never seen the game played better than Yau without resorting to screwing people over. I don't think he or Earl have stuck a knife in anyone's back yet, at least anyone on the jury. Can't say the same for Dreamz or Cassandra.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

This dreck is still on the air?

People still watch and care about this totally staged "reality" bullshit?

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I knew a "who gives a shit?" post was in the offing when I opened this thread. It's like comfort food.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I think Yul had a more brilliant mental game last season...but Yau Man is playing his cards out in the open and still setting himself up very nicely.

He could have immunity for three straight tribals without winning anything.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I can feel you tremble when we touch. I can feel the hands of fate. Reaching out to both of us. This love affair can't wait.

I can't hold back, I'm on the edge. Your voice explodes inside my head. I can't hold back, I won't back down. 'Cause it's too late to turn back now.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Hey spnited, chill out. It's not like we're talking about The Bachelor....speaking of which, can you BELIEVE Amber's parents wouldn't meet with Andy. OMG!

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Does anyone think Yau was going to play the idol all along or are we to believe the editors who made it seem like Stacy blew their plan?

I really like Dreamz. I hope he can pull it off.

9. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I question Yau's strategy. Sure, he made some good moves, but his decision to share information with Earl was a huge mistake. He should have found the idol himself. Then he could have pulled it out next week to save his own ass. If that wasn't necessary, he still could have gone to Earl and said, "Hey, I just found the idol. I was walking along the beach, and I figured out that I was missing a big clue." Instead, he's in trouble this week.

10. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Maybe. But if it's apparent that Earl is safe next tribal council, he'll give the idol to Yau Man again. This is the idol no one is sure exists.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Why do I get the uneasy feeling that Dre is going to screw Yau? I wouldn't trust Dre as far as I could throw him.
    If Earl cuts Yau loose before the final (and he's crafty enough to do that), I don't see how he can lose, really.

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yau-Man has been a very crafty player, especially when you figure he should be outmatched physically.

I'm with terrier, I don't trust Dreamz either. I think Earl might be the winner. He's been solid too.

Draft saved Draft deleted