1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Feb 7, 2008.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

yeah. I saw the slight hint of brace bar on his top teeth. Amazing he could talk as well as he could. For the record, I don't think he truly wanted off the island. I think it was a plan to vote of Eliza and it backfired. Going it the show, I knew that Fairplay would be the first favorite voted out unless he had immunity.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he wanted off... He knew that under the even under the best of circumstances, there is no way in hell he even makes it to jury...

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Doesn't he get some cash --$25K perhaps -- for being on the show. Making that much and then spending a month at a nice resort is a pretty good gig. How about starting with Bonaduce for a celebrity Survivor?

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That makes it even better that Yau knocked his head into the canoe.

But I still think he wussed out. Maybe because he was weak from the surgery. Maybe he realized he was screwed. But he wanted out without being blindsided, because Fairplay getting Fairplayed would have destroyed his rep.

5. Mizzougrad96

I'll bet he got twice that... Based on how much they were hyping him in the ads before it started...

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

There's a story in my eyes
    Turn the pages of desire
    Now it's time to trade those dreams
    For the rush of passion's fire
    I can feel you tremble when we touch
    And I feel the hand of fate
    Reaching out to both of us
    I've been holding back the night
    I've been searching for a clue from you
    I'm gonna try with all my might
    To make this story line come true
    Can ya feel me tremble when we touch
    Can ya feel the hand of fate
    Reaching out to both of us
    This love affair can't wait

7. Mizzougrad96

For all-stars, they had to ante up to get Richard Hatch and a couple of the other winners back. It was the same way with Big Brother All-Stars where Dr. Will demanded six figures and his best friend (Mike Boogie) be put in the house in order for him to show up... That was the big reason why some of the All-Star shows like Amazing Race and Big Brother, only brought one winner back apiece, while Survivor All-Stars had all but two back...

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure. Fairplay wasn't the first target of either alliance (the hookup quartet was targeting Eliza and the grownups were targeting Parvati). You have to make sure you have the numbers against the opposing alliance before you can afford to take out an outsider like Fairplay.
    And if he makes it to merge, the challenge studs and strategic geniuses become the targets. Any player who's thinking ahead to the endgame would figure Fairplay makes great F3 bait, and he's smart enough to align himself with whoever offers him an F3 deal.
    On the Favorites side, this game is in Cirie's hands now - she's the swing vote.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

This was supposed to be favorites from the post-All-Star survivors. Why did Fairplay even get connected to the show? He was on 7.

10. Mizzougrad96

Well... There wasn't supposed to be anyone from Pearl Islands on All-Stars. They decided at the last minute to add Rupert and Fairplay. I remember reading somewhere that Rupert was home for just a week in between Pearl Islands and All-Stars. He actually made reference to this on that show...

Since Fairplay was blackballed from All-Stars, I think they made an exception for him. There are also probably only a handful of really memorable people from the last several seasons. The castaways from the first few seasons were much better known because there weren't 6,000 other reality shows going at the same time, so some of them actually were able to extend their 15 minutes of fame a bit... I don't think that's been the case for awhile...

They needed a big name, so I'm guessing they made an exception for Fairplay...

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

The look on Mikey B's face after tribal council was priceless! It was one of those "What the fuck just happened?" looks. Boy there is some definite female talent this time around.

12. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Anybody else notice in the closing credits that Joel the firefighter guy -- the one who put together the plan to vote out Mary -- didn't vote for her? He voted for Tracy. That doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, unless he was really freaking confident the others would do as he said. Actually, even then it doesn't make sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted