1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Feb 7, 2008.

1. digger

digger New Member

I said the same thing while watching it: Amanda should have said Ciree was just too good to go against.

Winning the last immunity is always a double-edged sword, because you're almost always going to lose the vote of the person you send off. I think it would be a good idea to tell the two people "we're going to have a contest to see who stays'' and make it fair. Then maybe, just maybe, the person voted off won't hold it against you.

And this may be outthinking it a little (probably a lot), but could it be people actually gave Parv credit for being such a shitty player? In other words, she was good enough to make it that far, but bad enough that the other two would choose her to be in the final?

Ralph: "Norton, I know that you know that I know ...''

(from the saturday night live skit).

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think anybody is worried about it... It's in the top 10 every week and it costs virtually nothing to produce. It wouldn't surprise me if it's CBS' biggest moneymaker. Hell, it's even syndicated...

It doesn't get the ratings CSI does, but it also doesn't cost them several million a week to produce...

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Fixed!

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nah. I wouldn't ask Amanda that, she's not my type.

(And my wife would kill me.)

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just heard Probst on Stern. Apparently, he's no longer engaged to the girl Julie Berry? who he met on Survivor.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Didn't Natalie ask Parvati a similar question?

7. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Considering all the dumb moves on the part of several jury members this season, I wouldn't put it past them to have just given Parvati begrudging credit -- perhaps too much credit -- for the series of smart strategic moves that, rightfully, should have been attributed to Cirie. This is especially true of Ozzy's ouster, which I think everyone saw as the turning point of the game.

Either that, or they were acknowledging that she had a little more of an active game -- more of a point of view, so to speak, than Amanda. They also may have thought Parvati might have done more good with the money than Amanda, who struck me as pleasant enough but, kind of shallow, really. I never really got a sense of who she was, other than just a pretty girl.

Not that Parv was much different, but, in that respect, she was a little bit better, anyway.

8. digger

digger New Member

What happened to Tom Petty on page 17? or did the song end?

Either way, I'm disappointed.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

sorry, man. i went for a walk.

Draft saved Draft deleted