1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I noticed with the other favorites, they listed occupations next to their names. Except for the most recent (James and Amanda) and Fairplay. I'm guessing that schmuck is still trying to stretch his 15 minutes of fame by any means necessary.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just want to know if Jonny Fairplay actually has a pregnant girlfriend...

My theory is that Fairplay made Survivor come up with a fairly significant guarantee to get him to do the show. Reality shows have done that in the past to get "big names" to return and do a show, like Rob and Amber on Amazing Race. Survivor had to do that for all-stars as well... While there were 10 players returning this season, none are as well-known as Fairplay, who has done a pretty good job milking a career out of his first Survivor experience.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A quick Google reveals that yes, he did.

And she was a castmember of one of the America's Next Top Model shows in 2005, Michelle Deighton.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

That theory's possible, Mizzou - it's been speculated about on Survivor fan sites. Jeff Probst's animus for JFP is pretty well known (he was supposedly banned from Survivor events after either pinching Eliza's tush or getting into a scrap with Probst's brother at a reunion, depending which tale you believe), and producer Mark Burnett may have strongarmed JFP into the game. This could very well be a compromise in which MB used Fairplay for pregame buzz, then convinced him to bail early with the promise of appearance $ to appease Probst.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Eliza doesn't last long. Didn't take her long to remind me why she was so freaking annoying last time. STFU already.

6. Mizzougrad96

Fairplay has a longstanding feud with Survivor ever since he had accepted a spot on all-stars, only to have it taken away when Rupert said he would only do all-stars is Fairplay wasn't part of it.

All-stars was filmed immediately after the Survivor that Fairplay and Rupert were on.

I remember hearing Fairplay tell that story during one of the talk shows he did when that God awful "Kill Reality" show was on E! He essentially said, "I kicked Rupert's ass in the game, but he got me back after it ended..."

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fairplay's presence would have been as good as Hatch staying longer on All-Stars.

They can only hope that James and Yao-Man hang around until May.

And I doubt, very seriously, that James will ever have to dig graves to keep up his chiseled physique. I heard he was modeling now. Parvati's going to feast on her some James.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Parvati's physique ain't too shabby either. Their children would be born buff.

9. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I hate JFP.

That is all.

10. Mizzougrad96

As soon as he got Rupert voted off Pearl Islands, I stopped watching... In all the seasons the show has been on, that's the only time I did that, although in hindsight, there were a few seasons where I wish I did...

11. audreyld

audreyld Guest

He was just so skeezy all the time.

And I adored Rupert.

12. Mizzougrad96

I actually met the guy. I've met five Survivor players. I was on a plane next to Big Tom, saw Rupert at a game where some CBS affiliate was hosting some contest for a viewer to watch the game with him. Met Boston Rob and Amber at a game for a similar deal, and met Elizabeth Hasselbeck at a fundraiser.

All five were incredibly nice...

Draft saved Draft deleted