1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Feb 13, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is something to be said for bringing back "favorites" who lasted long enough to learn the game. I posted on the TV thread. One of the better tribal council's ever. All it was missing was Erik whispering a "don't do it dude."

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm liking this season... People can say what they want about Phillip, but he makes interesting TV...

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He's great. He's been entertaining from the start with his harmless lunacy. I think we're seeing some players who have a very good sense of how to play the game and it's making for some good strategic gameplay. Seemed like the challenges were barely a part of the show last night.

The immunity challenge was a good one, but the reward challenge was awful. It was impossible to stop the lob shot and the reward was weak.

As good as I think Malcolm is, he's hanging by a thread, I think. Having the completely unknown idol could very well change things for him, though. I'm still blown away that he got someone to give him an idol instead of playing his own last night when he thought he was in danger. And voting for Reynold because he thought they were going to split the votes between himself and Reynold would have been a masterstroke had that been the way everyone actually voted.

As it is, I wonder if Reynold realizes Malcolm voted for him.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder if he would have played his own idol if Reynold didn't give it to him...

Malcolm is probably the best player there, but I don't see him winning.

Cochrane has kind of quietly had a nice run this season.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Phillip would be entertaining in smaller doses, but we're getting too much.

Every time he goes into his Stealth R Us crap and the ridiculous nicknames, I fast forward.

Doe he know what stealth means and does he know that identifying someone as a double agent kills their effectiveness in that role?

Oh, and get ready for more Hantz nonsense.

Survivor 27: returnees versus their families
    http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_27/2013_Apr_08_returnees-families

Or maybe not
    http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_27/2013_Apr_08_hantz-reaction

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Agreed on both points.

Cochran is positioned nicely because no one is going to be gunning for the one guy with no physical intimidation whatsoever. He's got a solid alliance with Dawn, who everyone else seems to trust. The only thing I see working against him at this point is that he hasn't done anything to affect the outcome ... He's more or less been along for the ride.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think a lot of what Cochran "does" shows up on camera. He's quietly built an alliance of the "uncool kids" and gets others to make the plays. He's impressed me far more this season.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Definitely agree with that, his little rant after the "male bonding" at the waterfall was pretty funny.

9. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Definitely a near perfect move by Malcolm. Stunning how freaked out Andrea got. Meanwhile, I'd enjoy seeing Dawn drawn and quartered, even though she's just playing the game. The promo featured her breakdown and "threatening" to quit, which means she's not going anywhere.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Andrea's plan wasn't splitting votes between Malcom and Reynold; it was convincing Malcom they were splitting votes between Eddie and Reynold but everybody voting for Malcom.

Had they stuck to that plan, Andrea would be gone.

Been a long time since somebody's given away immunity like that. Always makes it interesting.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to how that's going to play out with Dawn. She hasn't seemed very torn, at least in my eyes. She seems to think people are stupid for trusting her when she's obviously leaking info, and she seems OK with people being so stupid. But, obviously something happens. Maybe someone finally catches on and rips her a new one.

12. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

This may have been the best episode ever. . . and it isn't even over yet.

Just awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted