1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

The last time Hantz got kicked out, he got arrested the night after the episode ran for drunk and disorderly in Lafayette, La.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Probst talks a bit here about Brandon's meltdown.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/03/19/new-dad-jeff-probst-writes-survivor-for-kids

I am sure the Survivor waivers are full of clauses about physical contact with other contestants but if you see a guy like that dumping what little food you have in the sand that is a situation that can escalate quickly among people who normally wouldn't behave like that.

As a guy who has unfortunately been on both sides of those kinds of confrontations I found the challenge showdown amusing, I'm sure a guy like Cochran was shitting himself.

3. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Probst is 51? Holy crap

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

'Let's write Survivor for kids.'

Already done. It's called 'Lord of the Flies.'

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

He's been hosting the show for about 15 years now.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I had to walk out of the room during Phillip's post-challenge pep talk.
    Please make him go away without a jury spot, so I don't have to hear him anymore.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I sat next to Big Tom on a flight over a decade ago and he was going on and on about how Probst was in just crazy good shape. He said, "You can't tell on TV, but the guy is just completely ripped."

8. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Phillip's tribe has no chance as it is made up and he has no chance with his former tribe. He's a lock to get to the finals....as the competitor the other finalist is assured of beating. And he knows this. But heck he still gets a nice check for second.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I understand why people keep Phillip around. I just hate watching him.
    I have never found him or Ben Wade funny or entertaining. They annoy me.
    Viewers and contestants have different priorities.

10. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Exactly, but if you annoy and everyone knows it, it's money in your bank if you take him to the finals.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I understand why the contestants keep him around.
    He is a bit of a wildcard, though. You've got to keep him on lockdown like Rob did.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This thread has fallen off the map a little bit, but last night's episode was pretty damn good, so I wanted to revive it.

Malcolm made what would have been the best move I've ever seen if Andrea had stuck to her plan and split the votes between him and Reynold. It was still pretty awesome, but its impact was greatly diminished by Andrea freaking out, changing the plan and voting out Michael. Anyone else think the last 20 minutes of that episode were the best of the season?

Draft saved Draft deleted