1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Feb 13, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I wanted someone to start yelling "BALK!"

2. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Kinda hard not to overhype a guy throwing out food. I hope someone had the sense to knock him cold.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

There has been spoiler-site talk about a Survivor first this season, and based on this week's preview, this might be the night it happens.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I've been a few episodes behind and may still be one, but nevertheless: The four-person "pretty people" alliance among the Fans is one of the dumber ideas I've ever seen on Survivor. What kind of dumbasses make a plainly obvious, rock solid, clearly defined pack of FOUR in a tribe of TEN.

Even if they'd worked some idol magic they'd still have been hopelessly screwed, at least until some sort of shakeup. You gotta at least get a team of five, and obviously six would be a million times better. Nothing is as hopeless as a pack of four in a tribe of ten, though.

5. DanOregon

Favorites go "Hantz-free." Is it odd that I was expecting more? The guy seems to be bipolar, moaning about wanting to be with his family and asking to leave, doing a 180 the next day, freaking out when people can't figure out where he is coming from?
    Sure his family will be thrilled to share his last name now.

6. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

The Hantz family averages one kicked ass every holiday.

7. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Brandon needs some medication. Hope they vote Phillip out the next time, though. He's still an ass. Brandon is just kind of scary.

8. dog eat dog world

I have a friend who used to live in La., and kid-sat Brandon. She had a cow about this last night.

9. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Survivor took advantage of a guy being bi-polar (or something similar) fully knowing it ahead of time and expecting for some kind of blowup. Sorry exploitation in my opinion. Probst does a great job however improvising when it fits. He was the perfect host for this show. Probably also saved a fight with injuries by calling Brandon over and holding on to him.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't think it's schtick. I think the guy has emotional/mental problems.
    It seemed apparent the first time he was on the show. They shouldn't have brought him back.
    It does seem exploitative.

I have been enjoying this season because the Favorites' dominance has meant little screen time for Phillip.

11. DanOregon

Hard not to assume a guy is pretty impulsive and doesn't really think through his decisions when he has a neck tattoo.

12. dog eat dog world

Russell kicked his ass after the reunion show the first time. I bet the family kicks it again.

Draft saved Draft deleted