1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Fans vs. Favorites II

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog eat dog world, Feb 13, 2013.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah, kind of odd that he was even selected. Sure he made it a long way in his game, but CBS had no idea that the audience would think he was a "favorite." Really not a surprise he gravitated toward the "fans."

2. Malcolm seems likable enough but I don't really care if he ever comes back. He's a pretty good player physically but his "strategy" is generally pretty bad for someone who thinks he's masterminding things so often. But yeah, I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They did a similar deal with Rupert about a decade ago. He went straight from Pearl Islands to All-Stars. He might have gotten more than a week in between though... He also probably benefited from not making it that far in Pearl Islands...

I think I remember reading that Rupert agreed to do all-stars only if Johnny Fairplay was not invited. I think he was supposed to be and CBS rescinded the offer, which was one of the reasons Fairplay gave for why he tanked it in the season where he did come back.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Didn't Russell play back to back seasons?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He did...

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

He was close to getting the ball rolling before Corinne got voted out. After that he was somewhat desperate. I will say, he was fun to watch when he was desperate. He plays the game hard.

He was pretty solid strategically in his first season, too, though obviously failed a bit in his endgame.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think it was a case where Probst and Co. knew he was going to resonate with the audience before they even wrapped shooting. I think they have a pretty good sense as they edit the shows who people will naturally end up enjoying.

I'm guessing those seasons were not filmed back-to-back with only a week between as Malcolm's seasons were.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I disagree. He's a good player, quite good strategically and tactically.
    He hasn't won, but I think he's at the Rob and Parvati level.

Draft saved Draft deleted