1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Cook Islands Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeinekenMan, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Female roller derby league? Like the Bay State Bombers (managed by the deplorable Georgia Haas)? Is this girl another Darlene Langlois De La Chappelle?

Very cool....

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Burnett has had more than his share of embarrassing stereotype moments on Survivor...

I remember on the first Survivor when they told Gervase that his girlfriend had delivered a baby. They said it was the third kid he'd had with three different women... Nice, cringe-inducing moment...

Also, the first person to ever quit the show was black... I'm sure that didn't go over too well, even though it was no one's fault...

3. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

You can see the complete first episode on CBS.com's "Innertube" for free...I watched it today. Pretty cool, only one commercial for each break.

4. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I enjoy the look that Probst gets when he glares with pity on the team in last place midway through the challenges. That look always says, Shame on you. You suck. What a disgrace to the show."

This time, his steely stare comes off dramatically, as if he's silently implying something about the losing team. Given that they set it up as a racial battle, that implication makes him look like quite the dick.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I did that earlier today, too. I thought it was a remarkably unimpressive kickoff for the season. Methinks there were too many tribes to show anything about them that gave the viewer much insight. Very few personalities jumped out.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I always liked Gervase.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

OK, that made me laugh my ass off, Mizzou. Nice work.

8. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

WTF?

The dude found the statue on the second episode? Was it intended to be that easy or was he a genius? I'm not even sure how it transpired because I wasn't paying that much attention to his guess, assuming that it would be wrong.

So now we're two shows in. I'm not sure what to think of anything. But that dude's bit about the girl from the other team being in love with him was a freakin' riot. This gives me an idea for the next season. How about 20 mental patients? You could split them into teams based upon their specific psychological ailment.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That shit was hilarious. Jeff Probst's reaction was TIVOed back by me about 3 times. "You're being absolutely sincere right now?" Great idea for next season, too. OCD vs. Bipolar vs. Schizoid (a one-person tribe who hears 4 other voices)

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

They need to combine this idiocy with the "best" of the concept from "Saw."

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Now that would be must-see TV...

12. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

JP is so Ozzy's bitch - it lends the speculation below a little more credence. There is bulletin board scuttlebutt that JP and Brad are now a couple (maybe after the game ended). Survivor's first gay hookup?
    From the previews, I'm ready for the Candice-Parvati catfight over Buff Vacant White Boy (Adam).
    War, Cao Boi!

Draft saved Draft deleted