1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Survivor: China" running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

That's a good point, terrier, but I'm wondering how many of the 50-somethings were on teams that won the first couple immunity challenges. If they were on a team that won the first two or three, they have more time to prove they can hang with the young folks -- and if your team is winning, you're not as likely to be looking at weak links right away. You're earning fire, eating better, etc.

But if you're an AARP member on the losing side, you can bet the knives come out for you pretty fast.

I think Yao-man was on the team that lost a couple challenges early last season, but he was fortunate enough to get switched to a stronger squad where he could get in on the ground floor of a good alliance. I really wish Dreamz hadn't fucked him over -- he deserved his shot at the money with the way he hung in there.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He seems about 1,000 times smarter than Boo...

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I thought it was the weakest opening of the show to date, nothing against the temple, but I like it when they have to jump off a boat or something. Who brings a suitcase to Survivor?

James is the man. I might have kept Ashley around, she looks athletic at least. Chicken's problem is he went into a snit right away and kept saying "is that what you want to do?" after people wouldn't listen to him at first. Not a good way to make friends.

My top 3 would be James, Frosti and PG.

4. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

I knew exactly what Leslie meant by her remark, but I'm not surprised that the majority here did not/do not.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, given that it made absolutely no sense... Yeah.

6. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Zeke, are you an evangelical Christian?

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If I was, would it suspend the rules of logic or the meaning of English words?

8. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

No, but in certain evangelical circles the idea of being "religious" carries a different meaning from being a believer. Being "religious" in those circles refers more to those who emphasize form over faith.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If so, she did a poor job explaining her position to the vast majority of viewers who aren't ECs.

10. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

I wouldn't disagree at all with you there, IW

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

God I hate Jean-Robert Bellande. If he is as arrogant and condescending on this show as he is at the poker table he could be a very fun jerk to watch.

And believe me when I say he is a douche at the poker table!

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Jean-Robert is a real fat ass. You don't see that gut at the poker table.

He thinks his reading of people will give him an edge, but not if he's as hated in China as he is in Vegas.

Draft saved Draft deleted