1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Survivor: China" running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Sep 19, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Between this and the start of collegiate marching band season, I'm unlikely to see my wife again until, eh, Thanksgiving.

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

5 minutes into first show and courtney is already officially a bitch

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Taped every single one through all-stars. The first one will always be the best. The second one might be the worst, since everyone was clearly trying to get a TV/movie deal out of it. Got a soft spot for the third one.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

What kind of moron wears knee-high boots or shoes with heels to play freaking Survivor? Kudos to the chick who forgot her bra, but boots? Moron!

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Exactly! Have these idiots never even watched the show?

6. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

1. The NYC waitress acts like she's from....well, NYC.

2. Nothing like seeing a busty 26-year old competing in bra and panties.

3. That tribe is stupid for getting rid of Chicken, perhaps the only guy who could get them out of the mess they dicked themselves into.

7. Mullet Lady...that's hilarious. My wife and I watch this show religiously. One thing I like to do during the first few minutes of the first episode of each season is try to guess who is going to get booted off first. I thought it would be Mullet Lady. I was wrong.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It always shocks me how stupid some of the votes are.

I loved Probst asking the tribe who was willing to be a leader. Two people raise their hands and immediately they got dirty looks from the other tribe members.

I'm hoping the NYC waitress or Ashley goes next. Neither are likeable.

9. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

how on earth can you already be able to tell what chicken could or couldn't do?

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I always like watching that first intro where they're flashing through all the contestants with their names, thinking, "I have no idea who these people are, but in a few weeks I will have strong opinions about some of them."

Pretty standard first episode, lots of possibilities. I know it's just a first impression, but Courtney, wow, talk about oblivious. Ashley (wrestler chick) is completely unlike what I normally find attractive, but super hot. And how awesome is that grave digger guy? Did you see how he scrambled over those walls? To be that agile with his size is impressive as hell.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Glad they got rid of that fucking idiot. Even his subtitles needed subtitles.

I also thought mullet lady would be the first to go but I bet she's gassed the first time her tribe loses a challenge.

And how could that Christian radio host claim she wasn't a religious person after walking out of that temple? She's lucky she wasn't shipped off to the middle of nowhere.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Will this show be replayed? I wanted to watch episode 1 to recognize certain places in Shanghai and to see if their temple experience mirrored mine.

Draft saved Draft deleted