1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Survivor: China" running thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by terrier, Sep 19, 2007.

1. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

If Big Brother can have one, so can Survivor.
    A couple of this year's players might be familiar to you: WWE diva Ashley Massaro and pro poker player Jean-Robert Bellande. There are some fun spoilers floating about, but I hesitate to share them until I get a sense of the room.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'll take those spoilers if you've got them.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As will I... I love Survivor... There have been 14 of them so far, and I've seen every one... I'd say 11 of the 14 were pretty damn good...

4. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Anybody got a list of players?

5. terrier

I'll start with some non-placing ones, and if you want to know more about individuals, holler.
    First, there are only 16 players this time. No Exile Island, but there is a hidden immunity idol (in plain sight) at each camp. When a tribe wins a reward challenge, they get to kidnap a player from the losing tribe until the next immunity challenge. There will again be a final three, but with a seven-member jury instead of nine.
    My shop is going in big because we have a player from our area (who you will eventually know as Mullet Lady). Spoilers have been revised considerably since shooting ended in early August, and I will say this: there was a BIG change in how Ashley fared in the latest batch.

6. Cansportschick

Thanks. The reason I am asking is we have two pools going on in here and I have to make a decision on who to pick. I got first dibs (they selected whom got to pick first by picking names out of a hat).

7. terrier

Just pray nobody in your pool hits the spoiler or fan sites. The alleged final three is available (please take these under the guise of informed speculation rather than ironclad spoilers - they have been wrong on occasion).

8. Cansportschick

Can you send me the alleged final three in a PM?

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I tried this in the Big Brother thread and it didn't take, but I'd really appreciate if on this thread people could offer spoilers (at least those having to do with outcomes within the game) by posting links. In other words, instead of telling us the info, show us where to find it if we want it.

If someone posts this alleged final three (even under the oh-so-effective SPOILER with the blank lines), it's going to ruin the enjoyment of this show for a lot of people. It would be great if we could talk about the season as it goes on here without worrying about seeing something we wish we hadn't.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I agree. This is the only reality show I watch. And I watch religiously.

11. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

Ditto

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

I remember watching Jean-Robert on ESPN during a poker tournament once. He's got a big mouth, but I found him to be incredibly entertaining. He is great TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted