1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Cambodia (Second Chance)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 28, 2015.

1. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

After a (second) season of being annoying, Abi actually asked a great question: In a season of big moves, what was your best subtle move?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That was a good question. I also think that's a key to doing well. Everyone knows when someone is buddying up to someone when they need their support - it's better to have good enough relationships with everyone so you have a base to work with before that happens. I don't know how "subtle" Spencer was, but he did a good job of worming his way between the two "blocs" after his original tribe was decimated.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The most hypocritical questions were Savage asking others about being arrogant and Kimmi acting the victim when it was her move to oust her alliance mates that got her booted.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I knew Jeremy a very little bit (in that, I met him through a mutual friend at several parties way back about 15 years ago) and there was nothing inauthentic about his love for Val and his family. That is absolutely the person I met back then. His enthusiasm, sense of humor and love for his loved ones is infectious and unmistakably really.

I was ecstatic to see him win, though I thought Spencer played a better game until one point in second-to-last tribal. I thought Spencer screwed up when he threatened Jeremy saying he would vote against him and try to persuade others to vote against Jeremy if he were voted off. I think that moment, followed by Jeremy's revelation about his wife's pregnancy, ultimately led to the sweep.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2015
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Not only did his rant hurt him in the eyes of the jury, it provided Jeremy cover for dumping Wentworth (who might have beaten him).

Draft saved Draft deleted