1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Cambodia (Second Chance)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

With nine left, those three would be formidable. You are absolutely correct. each of the other six better players wants to get to the end with two of them, so the three of them could "work" with the others to vote them out one by one.
    Then at final four you drop the ax on the last good player.

They won't see that, and if Kimmi and Keith could see it Abi would go ballistic if you presented the case to her.
    You can't work with a player like her. I unxderstand the appeal of sitting next to her at the end, but she's too much of a risk to become unhunged in a key spot.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So now we've got:
    Abi, Kimmi and Wentworth
    Tasha and Jeremy
    Spencer
    Keith
    I don't know if Keith is getting left out of the loop or he's just throwing votes; Jeremy still has an idol (which I'm not sure other people know about); Spencer seems to go vote to vote. Getting a solid four (whatever it may be) is what everyone wants and nobody really has right now. You get to four and take your chance in the final immunity. Tasha has to know her best bet to getting to four is with the men given the immunity challenges.

3. DanOregon

I don't know how they edit this thing, but I find it really hard to believe Kimmi and Keith seem so far out of the loop as they have appeared on the show. Hoping for a three way tie next week with two votes each. That would be sweet. Maybe they go to the rocks?

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Keith is comedy gold, but yeah, he's totally out of the loop.

I was surprised Spencer didn't go with Wentworth, Keith and Abi to vote out Tasha. It was his best move. They get it down to those four and it's a battle between Wentworth and Spencer to see who can take Keith and Abi to the final tribal.

Spencer, Jeremy and Tasha would make the best final three in Survivor history, but they are all good enough players I think they know they need to turn on each other at some point. They can't honestly want to sit next to each other at final tribal. Turning on that group at seven, and siding with a group that includes two players who have no shot at winning was the million dollar move, IMHO.

That said, Jeremy's idol is looming larger and larger. With Spencer siding with him and Tasha this week, he's in strong position to make final tribal.

5. DanOregon

Spencer seemed to have been gunning to be in the position of being the pivotal fourth vote. One of the reasons he wanted Feshbach out (who was trying for the same thing).
    I'm curious though - you don't see people out looking for idols anymore. Seems like they could figure out that there is one or two being held.
    One other thought on the final TC - I think the jury will definitely vote for the most deserving player and not vote out of spite or loyalty. I wouldn't want to sit next to Spencer at the final most of all. I think he gets along with pretty much everyone.

6. bigpern23

tasha
    jeremy
    spencer
    kimmi
    keith
    wentworth
    But now he's sort of stuck running with Tasha and Jeremy, right? And I don't think he really wants to sit next to them at final tribal. So now, if he wants to turn on them, he needs Wentworth, Kimmi and Keith. But he just went against Wentworth and Keith, so they're not likely to try to align with Spencer anymore.

I think he missed his chance to have the numbers and control of the game.

7. DanOregon

People talk about the final three, but what you really want is a four and win the immunity challenge. I think Spencer is set. But nobody is going to want to sit next to him in the final TC.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. bigpern23

Very true. However, those final immunity challenges are typically about willpower (every now and then they are epic endurance challenges, like the one Boston Rob won), and they often end up physiologically favoring women (less weight, smaller feet, lower center of gravity, better balance). Without knowing what it will be, I could see Wentworth being a huge threat to win final immunity.

9. DanOregon

Thought it was a great finale. (no spoilers if you haven't seen it). Deserving winner, but I didn't figure it would be a spiteful vote. Great final question from XXXXX. Even better answer from the winner. A hell of a third to last TC.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I thought Spencer and Kelley played better games, but I'm OK with Jeremy winning.

I got a little tired of his "I'm playing for my family spiel," although his answer to the final question probably clinched the sweep.

And will Probst STFU? His constant blabbering during the challenges is getting really annoying.

11. DanOregon

I think Jeremy's announcement was more about the kind of person he is. He seems like the type that would normally yap all the time about his family and he went out of his way not to do that, and how tough it was not to share the news with the other players. He wasn't out there for himself. It's tough to play the game hard and not come off as an a-hole or burn relationships. Jeremy was able to do that, Spencer didn't.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I thought one of the smoother moves Jeremy made was to make sure Keith and Kelly voted for Spencer and not him at Tribal when it was down to 5. It is hard to tell what is really happening because of the editing but Spencer would have been voted out if Kelly or Keith did actually have an idol.

I don't know if Keith is a good enough actor to have "accidentally" showed he had an idol and be believed.

Draft saved Draft deleted