1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Cambodia (Second Chance)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Sep 28, 2015.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

YUP. I enjoyed the fact that she sat there and lectured Tasha about how she hasn't learned anything and isn't taking advantage of her second chance and then got voted out for being the same arrogant, petulant bitch she was the first time around.

Tasha was right. She did learn her lesson: Not to trust Kass. Kass, however, did not learn hers. She was playing a very good game by trying to be different than she was the first time around. But she just couldn't help herself and the second she reverted to her old self, she got booted.

2. bigpern23

Abi's been quiet. Too quiet.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That was a pretty awesome tribal tonight. The audience doesn't get blindsided like that too often. I guessed the idol play, but was sure it was Stephen. I was freaking thrilled to be wrong. I really, really didn't like Savage. I can't wait to hear his arrogant ass in the exit interviews.

Hopefully Stephen can pick himself up here and move forward. His work making relationships all over the place pretty clearly payed off tonight. Spencer and Jeremy didn't want to vote him off, and whatever he did with Cierra may have helped her put the target on Savage instead of Stephen.

Without Savage there to cover Joe's ass, Joe should definitely be gone first opportunity. (I do like Joe, FWIW, but his only option is to win out.)

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know, I see Joe teaming up with Ciera and Wentworth, maybe Stephen.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Good season, but I really wish Probst would stop shoving the redemption down our throats.

I doubt Wigglesworth has been haunted the last 15 years because she lost a rowing challenge.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I loved that. Savage is such a pompous jackass. Good riddance.
    I was torn between rooting for Stephen, Tasha and Wentworth.
    I had to give up on Stephen a couple weeks ago when he started crying.
    After that I was torn between Tasha and Wentworth.
    Now I'm I'm all over Wentworth. Great play.

7. bigpern23

Stephen has been leading the charge to vote out Joe nearly every week and Joe now knows it. No way they team up.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I could see him switching. Even with Savage gone, it's like 8-3 maybe? Stephen knows he can't count on immunity, and Joe knows his "teammates" will dump him at first chance. They'll still need another, like Kimmi. I think the others like where they're at.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Finally, somebody figured out the secret to the immunity idol. No. 1, don't tell ANYONE you have it. No. 2, DON'T go down with it in your pocket.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Joe and Stephen might ally out of necessity, but Stephen will be very reticent because what happened with JT in toncatins

11. bigpern23

I actually disagree with this, to an extent. It's incredible how people cower to someone with the idol. It takes some pretty advanced gameplay to use it effectively, but a good player can definitely leverage the idol to consolidate power and get people on their side.

If you're in the bottom and you surprise the tribe by using and earning another three days on the island, you're probably still going to be on the bottom and likely voted out the next time around. Sometimes it's better to let everyone know you are not going home and, if they align with you, maybe you'll use it to protect them, too.

If I were playing, I'd most likely keep it a secret until absolutely necessary, but I think there's merit to brazenly showing off that you have it and using it to consolidate power.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

That's a good point. Kelley's use of the idol couldn't have been any better from a TV perspective — that was fantastic — but Stephen said elsewhere this week than one reason they didn't split the votes is because he was worried Joe and Keith might defect and, with the three women, vote him out. Maybe the ultimate move for Kelley would have been to leverage the idol to woo Joe and Keith anyway ... I'm not sure the numbers works out there, as that makes it 7-5 instead of 9-3 ... but maybe it's the start of an idea.

Draft saved Draft deleted