1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Boofus

Boofus New Member

I really don't get this either, especially since Spencer had also revealed that he had an idol.

2. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

It was a dick move by Tony because he's a dick.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Tony is playing the best game of anyone this season, but, his inability to shut up is the only thing that could prevent him from winning... And he may very well win anyways...

4. Boofus

Boofus New Member

I agree that he's playing a better game than everyone and I think that says a lot about the competition because he's not playing a very smart game.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

He was fine when he mentioned his "bag of tricks" - it's often a good play to make people think you have an idol because the threat usually keeps them from voting for you. But once the votes were cast, yeah, it was dumb to show it at all.

I wasn't paying too much attention when Jeffra was talking to Jeremiah and saying she wasn't going to vote with his trio. Didn't she tell him they were voting for Jeremiah? I couldn't understand Spencer playing the idol for himself when it seemed pretty clear the others were voting for Jeremiah, but I may have misheard that earlier conversation.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

If I ever decide to lead a life of crime I might go do it in Tony's jurisdiction!

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

If I were playing, the minute he turned his back I'd be going through his bag looking for his "fake" idol

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't blame Spencer for playing his idol.
    I would've. He knew it was either him or Jeremiah. Don't go home with an idol in your pocket.

Tony is the one I don't understand. The bag-of-tricks BS was fine, but there's no reason to pull out the idol if your not going to play it.
    His statement that it was a 'fake' idol just convinced everyone that he has the double-secret probation idol.

His partners are getting antsy about him, They have to make him play it.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tony makes Russell look subtle.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Russell was one of the best players ever, except for the minor detail that the way he played, he couldn't win. If Tony makes it to the jury, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't win.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I don't blame Spencer, either, except it seemed so obvious that Jeremiah was on the block, it might have helped Spencer if he saved Jeremiah instead. It's probably just Monday Morning Quarterbacking on my part, but it just seemed the other alliance was so obviously going to vote for Jeremiah.

If Tony makes it to the end, he wins. Absolutely agree.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Depends on the scenario.
    If Tony is in the final against Taj and/or Spencer, he should lose.
    However, that is an extremely improbable scenario.

Tony deserves to beat any of the others.

But Tony is a babbler. Just because he talks a lot doesn't make him good at it.
    Amanda should've won but didn't make a good case for herself.
    Ben Wade could've beat Sophie if he had made a good case with the jury.

Russell Hantz was an idiot. He was a pretty good player, but he never understood a key element of the game.
    You don't have to make people like you, but you can't have people hate you.
    Russell got to the end twice because other players involved in the endgame knew he couldn't win.

Draft saved Draft deleted