1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I'd really be liking his gameplay if he wasn't so unlikable. He's trying to be Russell Hantz, but he's trying too hard.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not sure he's as evil as Russell. His moves are smart. Doing things like that cheer, incredibly stupid...

He has the idol doesn't he? I'll be curious how far he gets. He could be someone who makes it far if he's aligned with the right people.

3. WCIBN

WCIBN Active Member

If they voted out Jeremiah the tribe would be left with only one male player.while the other tribe had three They would need Jeremiah's strength in challenges to try and keep all of them safe before the merge. Unfortunately for Alexis, if next week's previews are correct, they didn't know the merge would be the very next day.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So going into the merge you have three brains, four beauty and four brawn. Six-five women to men. Should make for some interesting game play.

5. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

The Brains lucked out to the highest level when they switched up the tribes. They were as good as gone before they reorganized the tribe, they "randomly" all got assigned to the same tribe and now they're in a good position to go far in the game. I think Spencer has to be one of the favorites to win. No target on his back, smart, and great at physical and mental challenges.

6. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Sniff, snort. I'm sobbing with the last gal to be evicted. Poor thing. LMAO

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Tonight's episode was really good. Tribal was fun.

The episode reinforced a few thoughts I've had. Tasha is a threat, even though she's now at a major disadvantage. She's smart enough to take the emotion out of it and savvy enough to see past her team's position of power to realize things were going off the rails.

Kass is not a threat. She made a big move there, but it was a dumb one. She continues to be too blunt and emotional. The reason she flipped and voted out Sarah was because Sarah was dictating who was going to get voted out next? Now, instead of being in a strong alliance of three - within the powerful alliance of six - she's the bottom player in new group of six. It was a stupid and irrational decision. She easily could have stuck with her six, and her core three, and voted out Sarah once they had decimated the other five.

Tony may yet make a run at the final three. I thought if he was going to get blindsided, it would be by Sarah. LJ is the only one who seems to realize how strategic Tony is, but they appear to have cemented a bond. It's amazing how lucky they are. After voting out Cliff and having Lindsay quit just prior to the merge, they are fortunate to have gotten Kass to flip and gain the numbers edge.

Spencer isn't out of it, but he's in a bad position now.

Woo is still too happy to be there. Morgan and Jefra have no shot at winning unless they do something in the next few weeks. Same with Jeremiah.

If Trish can make her way to the end, getting Kass to flip this week could be seen as a big move.

8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Bigpern is so right. Kass gets her feelings hurt so she goes from being No. 1 or 2 in her tribe to No. 6 in another where she has no former allies?
    Instead of possibly going to the final three, she will be gone in a couple of weeks.

9. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

Yes, Kass is so wrapped up in how smart she is, she doesn't know how dumb, emotional and childish she is. Because she didn't like Sarah and was envious of Sarah's position, Kass thrust herself into that role and destroyed her alliance. I hope that she is so insufferable that she gets voted out next week. I get the idea she thinks she is in control of the game and she isn't, not by a long shot.
    It was a brilliant council. They flushed two idols and blindsided a third person in the other alliance.. and then Kass destroyed it. Dumb.

10. bigpern23

She really is insufferable. The worst part is, Sarah acquiesced and agreed with Kass's plan to go for the safe vote and get Jefra, rather than risking Tony or LJ (or, as it happens, both) having an idol.

11. That's what I didn't understand. If the plan was in place to get rid of Jefra then what in the world did Kass have to be upset about other than some petty personal BS between her and Sarah? She was going to get exactly what she wanted and still be in a position of power within her own tribe to go much further than she will being at the bottom of the totem pole with the other tribe.

The other, more underrated idiotic move here: Spencer ripping Kass right after TC. I realize it was emotional and you'd be salty when you realized she flipped but you'd have to be blind, deaf and dumb to not see that she made that move solely because she disliked Sarah personally. You're telling me it wouldn't have been easy to flip Kass back to your tribe's side with Sarah out of the game?

12. bigpern23

Kass continues to baffle me. She's also full of shit. She says that she made her big move keeping in mind that the people she betrayed would like want to forgive her and take her back. Then, when Spencer approaches her saying they'd let bygones be bygones if she came back, she once again elects to remain on the bottom of the alliance of six. She's playing an awful game and it's pissing me off that she may go far.

Woo got downright dirty, throwing Spencer's pants in the river and running off with the idol clue, but he's pretty funny and it was a legit gameplay move. I'm impressed Spencer not only found it, but he managed to do so without anyone noticing.

This whole group of survivors seems categorically averse to voting out the real threats. I don't get voting out Morgan. I guess it's different without the benefit of the CBS edit, but it seemed like with everyone looking together, they had no good reason to assume anyone found the idol.

Draft saved Draft deleted