1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

Why is it that gay guys emerge as social players and on a game of Brains, Brawn and Beauty, I'd expect he'd survived more on the latter and less on the middle one. Personally I think he overdid it on the social and that got him tagged.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

He said he was valedictorian of his high school class. Now, whether it was a class of 25 or 1,000 he didn't say!

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Jefra is a real talent here.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Brice was definitely the right player to eliminate because, as others have noted, I thought he had the strategic mind to do well if he got further.

It's hilarious that the brains tribe is trying to form an all-woman alliance of ineptitude. The dude on that tribe isn't exactly Ozzy when it comes to challenges, but they need him if they want to remain at all competitive in challenges.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Finally watched second episode.

That team practice didn't help at all, but it was funny to watch.

7. bigpern23

Sometimes I really don't get these players. Last week, the Brawn players on the Solana tribe had a 5-2 advantage and two flipped to take out their team's strongest competitor. I never understand going from a position of power like that and weakening your team.

Then, at the start of this week, Lindsay quits and her team is ecstatic to have lost another strong competitor that can help them win challenges. They're fucking stupid and now they're going to start dropping like flies.

Oh, and Lindsay brought some underrated eye candy to the show. Those shorts. Too bad.

8. bigpern23

OK, and then this Tony character makes a smooth move by giving Jeremiah a phony hidden idol clue, but follows that by stupidly telling his whole tribe about both the clue and his brilliant move.

He was so proud of that move, that he foolishly put a target on his own back. He and Wu should have just gotten the idol themselves and never said anything about it to the rest of the tribe.

9. bigpern23

I don't really get why they voted out Alexis considering they all seem to believe Jeremiah actually does have an idol clue. I didn't really think of her as much of a threat to go deep in the game.

Going forward, I think Jeremiah needs to recognize that no one believes his story about being targeted by Solana and that he does not have an idol clue. I think it would be in his best interests to pivot and begin making them think that not only does he have a clue, but that has the idol. I don't think he's bright enough to make that play, though.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seeing how hard Alexis took it, it makes whatshername quitting bug me even more.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The cop is a very smart player, but he talks so much that it's going to put a huge target on his back.

12. bigpern23

I imagine after he gets eliminated, he'll get another chance in a future season. He's raised too many antennae at this point to make me think he can make it to the end. I think people are catching onto the fact that he is playing very hard and is capable of making some deceptive moves.

I think LJ has a good shot. I originally thought Woo had a chance, but he's seems a little too starry-eyed and happy to be there. He's riding coattails at this point, though he may be capable of making a move if he lasts long enough. I could see Spencer making the final three as well. He's got a solid alliance, he seems capable of winning an immunity challenge or two and he may be just strategic and paranoid enough to make the final three.

Tasha looks like a threat, too. I don't think Kass can make it because she's honest to a fault.

We haven't seen much gameplay out of Morgan or Jeffra and they don't strike me as big challenge threats. Jeremiah is a bit of a rube.

Trish is obnoxious and that could actually play to her favor to make the final three. I can see her rubbing some people the wrong way and someone like LJ taking her along, knowing he can beat her.

Sarah seems to have gone into gameplay mode. Not sure what to make of her yet, but now that she's aware she's on the outs with Tony, she could become dangerous if she's able to play both sides after the merge. She might be the one to blindside her fellow officer and swing control of the game at some point.

Draft saved Draft deleted