1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd be really curious if she is actually a nuclear engineer.

Pouring the rice out is worse than anything Russell ever did.

2. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I don't see how the Brains team wins any challenges that have a physical component. Can't wait to see the rice pourer go.

Also thought other members of the brains tribe was pretty dumb. The one chick whining about not being able to play the game and outwit, etc...go out and do something, nobody stopping you from trying to make something happen.

This may be the earliest I have despised players. Team Brains could be Team Douchebag.

3. Mizzougrad96

I'd laugh if the Brains just kept getting bounced. Nobody on that tribe will be missed.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The problem when you're talking about putting together a "Brains" team is that you're already limited to the pool of people dumb enough to go on Survivor.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Umm, she did. I was really impressed with Tasha. I also liked Kass the lawyer. Spencer will be a great villain character. Garrett probably played the worst game of Survivor I have ever seen. I knew he was going to have problems when I saw his body. Anyone who is that cut up is probably used to getting 3,000+ calories a day easy. I attribute his terrible game play in part to the fact that his starving body was kicking his ass.

On the beauty team, I think Brice is hilarious. Morgan (aka Tits McGee) and LJ are going to be a good sideshow. The Brawn team is going to be like a goofy, fun, fighting ensemble crew -- some real characters on that bunch. I'm pleased.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The problem with a "brains" team is - unlike the brawn and beauty crews, you actually feel like you have to "prove you belong" and in the end you overthink it.

7. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Russel's nephew pulled that move a couple of seasons ago in Fans vs. Favorites.

8. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, the nephew was worse, but a move like that should mean instant elimination.

9. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

The only reason I can think of for keeping J'Tia was knowing she would not be a threat down the line to win the game.

but that might be too much strategizing that early in the game. she should have been gone.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oddly enough - I can't fault the move. With J'Tia, you know what you're getting. Who knows what Garrett would do next. It's one thing to make a dumb move and hurt yourself, his game play was hurting others. And he had an idol.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I get why they voted him out, just seems that the team challenges always have a physical component and he was easily the best performer on the team. IIRC he dragged the pots full of letters along the ocean floor to open up the big lead. Bad strategy to basically forfeit any chance at winning team immunity.

12. I'm intrigued by the season, like the idea though it's clear they didn't do all that well picking the brains team.

But if nothing else, I like having someone to root for. In this case, Cliff Robinson. Had a buddy who covered him quite a bit during his time in the league and always spoke highly of him, despite his drug issues.

Seems like a nice guy. Though I have a feeling they are setting us up for an early exit for him.

Draft saved Draft deleted