1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think most people thought Ben Wade played a better game than Sophia, he lost at jury.
    I thought Amanda played a better game than Todd, and she lost at jury.
    Amanda had a good case when she lost to Parvati too, although I would've voted for Parvati.

There isn't always a clear-cut winner that makes it through the final jury.
    That's where Tony could be vulnerable, because considering the rules governing that special idol - playing it after votes are read - he's almost impossible to get rid of now.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

A lot could come down to what Tony says at the final TC.

If his personality stays the same and he brags about how he great he is and how smart he was to get rid of everyone, he will not win. If he says that it was a game and explains his strategy and how it worked, he'll be in much better shape.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Typical of Kass's arrogance. She really thinks she's played a better game than Tony and that she'd beat him.

Unfortunately for Tasha, she accidentally planted the seed for Kass not to follow through on the plan when she compared Tony to Russell Hantz.

I'm disappointed to see Tasha get bounced. She was a legit threat to win. She was likable and she was a beast in challenges. I have a feeling we'll see her again.

4. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I really wanted to see Tony play that special idol. Unfortunately I don't think we will.

5. bigpern23

Tony is in full control now. Not only is he safe at the next tribal, he can also protect anyone he chooses. We may be looking at a final three of Tony, Woo and Trish.

Kass, arrogant as she is, probably screwed herself by not turning on Tony, and she topped it off with her verbal attacks. Kass has no one left who likes her (did she ever?) and, by not splitting the vote this week, Trish is still in the game and Woo remains a trusted ally of Tony.

Had Kass gone through with the blindside, Trish would have been eliminated, and Woo's bond with Tony would have been severed. Kass could have then aligned with Spencer and Tasha to vote out Woo at the next tribal and Tony at the following.

6. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I think if someone wrote a book on how NOT to play Survivor, they couldn't even come up with as poor of play as Kass'. Nothing she does makes any sense. Even if she decides to keep Tony because no one like him, doesn't she think that her turning on her word with Spence and Tasha will make them NOT like her more. She infuriates me, because she thinks she's making such big moves and making the game exciting when she's really just doing some really idiotic things. I'd say in real life. she's a Class-A narcissist.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you are on the jury you vote (in order) Spencer, Woo, Tony, Trish and Kass. I absolutely want Trish and Kass next to me at the end (they have no chance).

8. bigpern23

I'm torn between whether I'd vote for Tony or Spencer if they both made the final. Tony managed to blindside his own alliance members twice and still keep the rest of his alliance members on his side. That's pretty much unheard of. He's found three idols. He's been in control for a long time and eliminated threats before they could emerge. He's really been a helluva good player.

In Spencer's favor, unlike Tony - who has had the numbers on his side (and managed his alliance masterfully) - Spencer has been scrapping since damn near day 1. He's done a great job avoiding the target (despite being an obvious threat), he's found an idol and he's won a couple of immunities. However, he misplayed his idol and several of his ploys have failed. Is he more likable than Tony? Not by a lot.

I think I lean toward Tony, but I could see him screwing up the final tribal council.

After that, I'd vote Kass (agonizingly), Woo, Trish. Kass is an arrogant idiot, but at least she has tried to affect the outcome of the game. Woo, as much as I like him personally, has done only what he was told to do. Trish is a triple threat of annoying, useless in challenges and completely lacking in strategy.

9. bigpern23

Kass may have been right last week when she said, "They never give the jerk the money." And if she makes it to the end, that will absolutely be true when they don't give it to her. I find it incredible that she doesn't see herself as a jerk.

I'm assuming she'll make the final at this point because she has no shot to win and someone is going to want to bring her with them.

Big win by Spencer tonight. I'm assuming there's no way he and Tony both end up in the final, but that would be the closest jury vote in a long time, I think.

Woo is quite clearly the most likable, but he hasn't really done anything in the game until tonight. I'd like to see the three guys make the final, but my guess is that everyone knows Kass is dead weight and someone will bring her along.

Odd that they're showing the finale on Wednesday instead of Sunday, though. They don't have anything big happening on Sunday, so I'm curious why they aren't doing a Sunday finale like usual.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I was surprised Tony didn't give Trish one of his idols until I saw he voted for her too.
    He must really want to sit next to Kass at final TC. In

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm glad it will be next week, Sunday just has too much stuff on (which might be why they aren't airing it in that spot).
    It's a two hour final and only four players left - are they going with a final two?
    No loved-ones this season - I didn't miss it.
    Morgan would have crushed that mud challenge - which was pretty unfair since whomever had more surface area had a clear advantage.
    Tony hasn't been good in immunity challenges, but Woo and Kass haven't either. Tony's played a good game, but I just don't think he's wins a jury vote unless he's sitting next to Kass.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would love to see how a jury vote would break down if it was Spencer vs. Tony.

Draft saved Draft deleted