1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't think anyone knows he has the secret powers idol.

What would be brilliant would be if everyone votes for Tony, he plays one of his idols and then whoever he voted for goes home.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fair, but everyone knows he has the other one. The only way to flush the idol at this point is to split the votes between Woo and Tony, which would cause a three-way tie (two votes for Woo, two for Tony and two to whomever Tony and Woo vote for.

Frankly, Tony just saved Tasha and Spencer's asses. Do they really want to split the votes and risk going home because of a rock (I think Spencer would have a particular aversion to this strategy :D ).

If I were Tony, I'd probably go ahead and tell everyone I have the second idol (maybe not how it works) and say, "Hey, I'm playing these at each of the next two tribal councils and going to the final four, who wants to come with me?"

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Geez, I was watching and cooking at the same time so I missed that part. Thanks.

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Totally agree. Great analysis.

5. Mizzougrad96

The only problem with that whoever goes home between now and the Final Four will know it was orchestrated by Tony and might cost him jury votes. I think the best case scenario for Tony will be to never use the special powers idol and nobody will ever know he has it.

6. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I hate when juries do that shit. They get bitter at the person who knocked them out. Big Brother juries never do that, but Survivor juries are bitter as shit. That's why Russell didn't win twice.

7. Mizzougrad96

I agree, but that's human nature. You f-d me, I'm going to f you back.

I think most of the time they vote for the person who should win. The unfortunate thing is that most of the time the three who make it to jury are one person who just kicked ass the whole game and then two players who road coattails to get there or were taken there because they weren't a threat. I'm trying to think of a season where the two best players both made it to jury. It's happened a couple times...

Hell, the only person to win Survivor twice was in the background for the better part of both seasons she was on.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can totally see Tony going into the final TC with the million in his pocket and then doing such a bad job with the jury they decide to give it to somebody else.

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Way back when only two people went to final TC and the winner of the final challenge got to pick their opponent, Coby picked Tina Wesson and lost when he would have beaten the other dude.

Since then, there's been little doubt who would win each season. The three-person final has made it worse, since one person usually doesn't get any votes.

10. bigpern23

Colby and Tina was the example that immediately jumped to my mind as well. If somehow the final three ends up being Tony, Spencer and Tasha, it'll be the first time I can remember that all three finalists have a legitimate argument for winning.

I think it's easier for jury members to swallow it when they see it coming. It's the people who are blindsided that feel betrayed and become bitter.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Kass is getting hugely annoying. She hasn't really done squat in the game yet she acts as if she's a major player.

12. bigpern23

She's a condescending twat. I imagine she's quite difficult to be around in real life, particularly the workplace.

Draft saved Draft deleted