1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Brawn vs. Brains vs. Beauty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Just started watching it now...

Definitely some eye candy in the beauty group.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If I'm spoiling anything, it's only until the first hour of the first show ... but all of baseball had to laugh at David Samson as the tough, pragmatic decision-maker.

He didn't even stay competitive as long as the Marlins.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

My money was on Samson getting strangled by a teammate well before he even got to the tribal council, so he exceeded my expectations.

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Two surprising eliminations to start. The second guy talked himself out at TC. He should have just shut up.
    And why would he leave the immunity idol behind? You never know how TC will go.

5. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

The second dude was a high-strung idiot. Plain and simple. If he just shuts up.. anywhere. In camp, at councial.. J'Tia goes home, as should an nuclear engineer who cannot solve a puzzle.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Aaargh! I missed the premier. Didn't reset it on DVR.

7. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Survivor is a DVR nightmare because the show changes names every season. I almost always come close to missing the premier.

8. Mizzougrad96

I missed it too... I had to find the episode online.

9. Paynendearse

Paynendearse Member

I think they had the title wrong for DVRs. Survivor: Brawn vs. Shit for Brains vs. Beauty.

Found it, recorded it. No problem.

10. Mizzougrad96

I hadn't watched much network TV during the Olympics, so I just forgot that it started this week. When I got home last night and it was half over, I set the DVR for the rest of the season and figured I'd watch the first ep online...

11. Mizzougrad96

I've heard stories about how Survivor will keep people at tribal for several hours if they don't talk openly about what's going on, but holy crap are some people stupid...

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Probably like the brawn tribe the best. Some great stuff.
    "That J'tia is a nuclear engineer is truly, truly, frightening."
    The spy shack.
    Bloody puzzle pieces
    The canoe tipping over.

And figure if a fellow cop can spot another cop - they're probably also pretty good at spotting a lie.

Glad there is no redemption island.

Draft saved Draft deleted