1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Blood Vs. Water

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by partain, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Why would Survivor pay to bring Rupert back? I am glad he is gone.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not upset that he's gone either, but he is one of the more popular players in the history of the show. For the first all-stars, they had to make some guarantees to get them back. I think they doubled the amount they get based on how they finish and they all got nominal "appearance fees" (probably about $25K) and then an additional one for the reunion show (about $10K).

After all-stars, Rob and Amber signed a deal with CBS where they would appear on Amazing Race and have their wedding televised. Rob said on one of the shows that they got $500K to be on Amazing Race and they got a seven-figure deal for the wedding. Since they appeared on Amazing Race all-stars and Rob appeared two more times on Survivor, I'm guessing he got similar deals both times.

They paid $50K for Jonny Fairplay to come back.

I'm sure those aren't the only ones.

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Didn't Gervace quit the first year and Probst really got on him for doing it?

4. Mizzougrad96

I don't think so... That was a long time ago, but I don't think he quit. I could be wrong.

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Gervase didn't quit, though he probably regrets sharing his reward pizza in the episode he got voted out/

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm just glad Colton is gone and won't return, presumably, ever again.

Pretty good blindside on John and Culpepper's reasoning is strong, however, it may have been too early to make such a move. Seems like it perked up everyone's ears to the threat that Culpepper may pose.

7. NDJournalist

NDJournalist Active Member

I don't understand the necessity of making that move now. They haven't won a challenge yet, so they get rid of one of their biggest physical threats? A threat who, by the way, could do very well at Redemption Island and come gunning for you if and when he returns to the game? This does not A) help the tribe out and B) it hurts Culpepper.

8. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I thought he made the move too soon. If he thought his alliance was solid, you ride that for a few more weeks and make this move either right before the merge or right after.

There have been a few ultra-aggressive players who have won, but not many. It's usually smart to hang back for at least a little bit and be aggressive as needed. I doubt Culpepper will even make the merge.

9. NDJournalist

I think the stupid hidden immunity idol twist has ruined people's games in the past and certainly killed John's here. People get butthurt and jealous when someone has a clue, so they gun for them.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If you're the big dog in the game, people will come to you. No need to push.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Great blindside tonight! Culpepper certainly got knocked off his high horse. Now he has to do some serious scrambling.

12. NDJournalist

It as fun to watch the scrambling late. Hayden didn't know who he wanted to vote for on the second vote. He finally voted Ciera, probably in an effort to keep a bigger target in the game. Now he's the alpha male in the tribe.

Draft saved Draft deleted