1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Blood Vs. Water

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by partain, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm ready for 'Survivor: Pets and Owners'

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you believe the rumors, they bring back one.

3. the fop

the fop Member

See also: Skupin

4. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Until this week, I hadn't heard that Colton had faked his illness the first time. Was that common knowledge?

5. Mizzougrad96

It was widely speculated. He didn't admit it last night and to be fair, Probst doesn't have any proof. He said he thought he had an appendicitis and he didn't, but was treated for a bacterial infection. I think everyone thinks he was faking it.

6. Mizzougrad96

I'm curious if Survivor had to pay to have some of the returning contestants come back. I would assume they did for Rupert. Not sure about Tyson or Tina, Colton or Gervase. I would hope not, but who knows?

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Except they didn't count on losing Coltin. Then again, they sometimes vote out two players in the same episode so they might have factored that in already.

8. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

This. It may suck for the person who would have been on had they not brought Colton back, but he provided one of the funniest segments on Survivor in years.

9. Mizzougrad96

I wonder how long it's been since there was a season where someone didn't either quit or have to leave for medical reasons. I know it doesn't happen every season, but it seems like it's happening more often than it did earlier on.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

It's not Celebrity Apprentice for people quitting or bailing for a task due to some other commitment but I thought the same thing.

11. Mizzougrad96

Celebrity Apprentice is set up for people to quit. They're not getting paid. The amount of money they raise for charity, unless they make it to the finals, is negligible, and they're highly demanding of their time. The people who do well are either the ones who highly, highly competitive, or desperately need the hype. The rest, at some point, say, "I don't need this shit..."

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Colton's S/O has done absolutely nothing to this point. Did he even compete in that mano-a-mano challenge?

Draft saved Draft deleted