1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Survivor: Blood Vs. Water

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by partain, Sep 3, 2013.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'd watch Brandon's lunacy over Colton every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't want to see Brandon or Colton again.
    Or Ben Wade.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

At this point, if they said, "Nobody who has ever played before, will play again." I would be fine with that.

When they did the first all-stars, most of them were people who people wanted to see play again.

If you get behind completely new casts rather than overshadow them by some player coming back who was never that popular in the first place then they'll be better off in the long run.

The season where Rob and Russell were captains was one thing... They needed a ratings boost and they got it that season and people actually wanted to see those two play again.

Is anybody clamoring to see Gervase again? I don't think so.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The problem, Mizzou, is that the general public seems to disagree with you. Ratings for seasons with returning players are always higher than for all-new casts.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I liked the season where they brought back people who had to evacuated out for medical reasons.

6. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, I kind of thought that was cool too...

7. Mizzougrad96

You're right. They got huge ratings for the Rob vs. Russell showdown, but the problem is, do they have anyone who people care enough about (or hate enough) to bring back? Apparently Colton qualifies, so maybe that's not a terrible move.

The show typically does pretty well ratingswise and has never really been in danger of being canceled, which is pretty impressive after all these seasons.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I maintain a Survivor made up of those who were voted out first would be great.

9. Mizzougrad96

I always remember that annoying singing lady who was sent home after they picked tribes and she was the odd duck out.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Didn't she do the "We are Survivor...." song?

11. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, it was horrendous. Older women typically don't last that long as is, but she definitely did herself no favors.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think these things are easily viewed from two different perspectives at the same time.

From a marketing perspective, it's easy to understand why they try new twists and why they bring back players.
    As a fan, I don't like it.

Draft saved Draft deleted