1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Surviving Wire-less Wednesday

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by UPChip, Jul 15, 2009.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I know I, for one, was quaking in my boots when I saw that rain was forecasted in my area for the day after the MLB All-Star Game, which is probably the worst day of the entire calendar year to have a washout, given the minimal AP to fall back on. Mercifully, it was OK tonight, and I figure I'll be fine with some features, some local soccer and Little League pics and what trickles down from on high.

How did everyone else cope? ;D

2. checkswinger

checkswinger Member

Coped by having a section of reasonable size. :p And no rain to wash out the local stuff.

3. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I thought you were going to say the wire went down, meaning you couldn't get anything, and I got concerned that you were banking heavily on the wire for tomorrow's paper anyway.

But then I read your post, and I thought how much a crappy situation that is - to have rainouts of local events on Black Wednesday. Thankfully, we've had nothing but clear skies here, so the folks working tonight must have it easy.

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

WNBA story in the centerpiece...a few Little League photos on the inside along with the latest Favre drama..

We have nothing local in the summer except Little League...

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Could have teased the start of the British Open on Thursday.
    We've actually been lucky this week. Had a couple of features in the can and a couple more high school all-star stories to carry us through.

6. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

We were slammed today, actually. Best day of the year to be so busy, I suppose, because we have a hefty all-local section.

7. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

There were about 80 British Open stories and some MLB features. It wasn't bad. Actually helped us finish early.

Draft saved Draft deleted