1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Surprising list of terror targets compiled by Homeland Security

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Jul 13, 2006.

1. CNN picked this up this morning. A DHS spokesman basically said that he didn't know specifics, but he should remind people that more listed potential targets doesn't mean more money.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Apparently, Indiana thought that the DoHS wanted every possible site, not only for terrorism, but also for natural disasters (i.e. if a tornado strikes on July 28, is there a local festival, what are the best places to put people, etc.) . They figured that the audit would sift through all the sites listed and figure out that there was a difference between the RCA Dome and Podunk's Ethel Merman Look-A-Like Contest and County Fair in terms of terrorist targets. I don't think this any kind of political payback as much as it is sheer incompetence on the part of DoHS in not giving the states clear guidance in what they wanted and not sifting through the lists they did get back. And that scares me more than any kind of political plotting.

3. If a dime of my money is going to protect NCAA HQ, I want a GAO audit now.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You laugh now, but when some terrorist destroys the World's Largest Ball of Paint, you won't be laughing then, will you?

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted