1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Surgeon General's report on secondhand smoke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

It places my comfort level at risk as a consumer and paying customer.

I'm simply trotting out the same defense that a non-smoking bar patron would.

2. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

Smokers don't see themselves as drug addicts, that's part of the problem. Make heroin legal and what is the difference between a smoker and a junkie? One uses a syringe and one uses a cigarette, the only difference is the delivery mechanism.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Lee, the point of this discussion that the Surgeon General is now saying smoking in front of others goes beyond 'impolite.'

If you don't believe what the Surgeon General is saying - fine - take that tack. So far you haven't, though.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't believe any chief officer nominated by this president and confirmed by this Senate, no.

Nobody would know who the fuck the surgeon general was if it weren't for smokers and fat people. That seems like a hell of a way to build a name for yourself.

5. Lugnuts

6. Stupid

Stupid Member

I believe him just as I will when he comes out and says that auto emissions, including those of hybrids, are dangerous and cause cancer and other health problems.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Perhaps you've heard of global warming? It's in all the papers. Car emissions will eventually cause all the polar ice caps to melt and flood the world. That good enough for you?

8. Lugnuts

I'll only start believing him when he comes out with a report that says gunshot wounds are potentially fatal.

Until then, I won't believe a word he says.

9. Stupid

Stupid Member

But we keep on driving and blaming cigarette smoke. Why is that?

10. pallister

pallister Guest

Maybe smoking causes global warming.

Well, this thread's been fun, but I gotta go start my new, harmless to others hobby of shooting up heroin.  ::)

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Some people are Stupid.

12. Stupid

Stupid Member

Agreed, esp. the ones who cant' see through the smokescreen that overly villifies smoking while helping to bring down Mother Earth.

Draft saved Draft deleted