1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Surgeon General's report on secondhand smoke

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Stupid

Stupid Member

Put those with poor diets on that list, too, Thomson. There's no real excuse for the sugar and fat consumption we have in this country. It's flat-out disgusting.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Has the SG issued a warning about being around people eating quarter pounders?

Can we at least keep the discussion and the parallels relevant to second hand stuff?

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You can't ban it. Congress will have to find somebody else to overtax.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Well, I'd like some sort of warning from someone for having to sit next to a morbidly obese man on an airplane.

5. Stupid

Stupid Member

What? You don't think quarterpounders result in noxious emissions?

6. Lugnuts

A cute answer from a guy who knows he's been beaten on a point.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

LJB,

I'll be lapping over the armwrest on the flight to Cleveland. Can't wait! (Can I have your peanuts?)

[​IMG]

8. pallister

pallister Guest

I thought this thread jumped the shark when smokers were equated with heroin addicts. But then again, sitting next to someone who shot heroin wouldn't hurt you, right? Therefore, I guess shooting heroin is preferrable to smoking. Ya, that makes sense.

9. Lugnuts

Your discomfort on an airplane - that's so much more of a serious, serious problem than children breathing secondhand smoke.

10. Stupid

Stupid Member

Me?

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Depends. Are they shooting up their kids with heroin?

Cigarettes are merely a noxious device for delivering nicotine into your system.

Nicotine is a drug like heroin or meth or anything else.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Lugnuts, there is no winning. I believe in the principle of a sin tax, but that flag-throwing is a little extreme.

Smoking in front of others is impolite, period, as is talking on your fucking toy phone in the middle of a restaurant ... in addition to a thousand other social fouls ... and it's a shame we can't trust people anymore to know better.

Ace, I've seen that guy somewhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted