1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supreme Court watch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jun 25, 2015.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Actually, the whole "what's next, ban the American flag?" kerfuffle has been a good warmup for this week with the pending "what's next, can I marry my dog?" kerfuffle.

cranberry likes this.
  2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

But the GOP does have an alternative. It's called "you're on your own."

cranberry likes this.
  4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

For a strong majority, between the premiums and the deductible in one year, there will be absolutely no difference.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Not true. There are about three or four plans that have been proposed, and they keep the pre-existing condition and staying on insurance until you're 26.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The GOP "plans" which allow the continuation of features such as the preexisting condition protections are a load of PR bullshit.

The insurance companies will never stand for it. Any plan ever imposed by the GOP will hand complete control over to the insurance corporations. They will decide who gets covered and who doesn't. If Obungocare is repealed, people with PECs will only be able to get insurance at utterly astronomical rates, if ever (usually they won't be able to get it at all).

Of course they only bother to spin this bullshit for the small minority of their own base that cares about any of this shit (I.e., who have PECs themselves). The majority of the base doesn't give a shit. You're 55 with a PEC? Tough shit. BOOTSTRAPS!!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I believe this is called the "Just Repeal ACA And This Time We'll Really Reform Health Care, We Promise!" Plan.

Ace likes this.
  8. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

See Starman's post.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

God, 2017 can't get here fast enough. (Rolls eyes)

10. old_tony

11. old_tony

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Until the Senate elects 60 Republicans, the ACA is here to stay, even if Alberta Ted wins the White House. And even then, Big Insurance will shell out lots of "free speech" to make sure the good times keep rolling.

Personally, I would rather have single payer.

Draft saved Draft deleted