1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supreme Court rules in favor of gay marriage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This makes the good point that the ridiculous practice of pretending Scalia is a "brilliant writer" needs to end. He's sad, cranky internet gnome at this point.

Scalia Is a Twitter Egg

cranberry and Ace like this.
  2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Happy to see this ruling ... not only is it the right thing to do, but now we'll have page after page of handwritten letters to the editor show up at our shop proclaiming that end of the world is near because "man is laying with man."

My 2 cents: The institution of marriage is being destroyed by heterosexuals — probably the very sons, daughters and grandchildren of our letter to the editor writers. Gays make an easier scapegoat.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Tony, even you can't possibly believe that, can you?

If you want to argue that Roberts is right, that's fine. You're wrong, but I get it. But the side of history? You are kidding yourself.

schiezainc likes this.
  4. vicd

vicd Active Member

Mazel Tov!
    [​IMG]

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

HC likes this.
  6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

By the way, congrats to all the SJ.com posters this may affect. Waiting for a flood of fabulous wedding invites!

JackReacher and I Should Coco like this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Old Tony and is black, male democrat lover will be the first.

8. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

So what's the writer equivalent? The crankiness of Murray Chass? Riding on reputation like latter-day Reilly, except we don't have the SI Vault to remind us of once was ("Yeah, Scalia's terrible now, but remember the dissent in the Marge Schott case or when he wrote the majority opinion in Gumbel v. Letterman?"

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

All polygamy is banned equally.

Draft saved Draft deleted