1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supreme Court Justice Bill Clinton?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pulitzer Wannabe, Jan 3, 2008.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I thought Clarence was accused of harassing a black woman, not a blond!!

Of course in Fenian's world, Anita Hill is definitely telling the truth and had no ulterior motives or political motivation to make her accusations and the 15 or so women who accused slick Willy of doing the same things -- and worse -- were all lying and a part of the "Vast Right Wing Conspiracy" club......

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Clarence married white and chubby, he and Bill will be Bestest Friends Forever.

3. And you can't read, which is obvious. And you believe all the Clinton urban legends, which makes you stupid. 15 women? Really? Got a source on that one? Oh, that's right. Any denial is proof of the cover-up.
    Four congressional committees.
    Five special prosecutors.
    That's all I want.
    Turn 'em loose and let the chips fall. Maybe, like Whitewater and TravelGate and FileGate, there are no crimes. Let's just see, though.

4. zagoshe

That's just it there WERE crimes, unless Jim Guy Tucker and Susan McDougal and James McDougal all decided they wanted to spend some time in the federal hotels because they enjoyed it. And that's not urban legend -- a prosecutor told me so.....

And correct me if I am wrong but Paula Jones is $850,000 richer thanks to Slick Willy's hush fund, so yeah, there was no crime, but only because Slick Willy was rich enough to buy his ass out of trouble.

I know, I know, "that's different..."

5. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Like those Japanese soldiers emerging from their fox hole 50 years later and asking who won, zagoshe has been listening to the same Rush Limbaugh shows on a loop for the last 10 years.

Your obsession with Clinton -- injecting a Slick Willie reference into everything --is sad.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

What crimes did Bill Clinton commit with respect to Paula Jones? Even if you believe her case to be worthy of merit, it was a civil case of sexual harassment for a period before he was President.

A little different than trampling on the Constitution, no?

7. zagoshe

Liberals crack me up with this W. tramples on the constitution, as if the all of the ridiculous new taxes, welfare programs, boondoggles, attempts at gun control laws and other pork projects that are dreampt up every day by Democrats aren't trampling the constitution.

Give me a break.

And once again, I can only use the standard for W. that Fenian insists we use for Slick Willy -- NO CRIMES MEANS NO CRIMES.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Ah, the great problem of boondoggles which has been plaging this country for years.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Please list the new taxes, gun laws and social welfare programs that have been passed and enacted. Thanks.

The democrats have had slim majority for about 12 months, the republicans have had a President, along with House and Senate control for six years before that. Amazing how an inept and spineless Democratic house and senate -- which hasn't been able to pass much because of Republican filibustering threats and without a working majority -- have taken this country to hell in 12 months.

10. This is now the fun part. Jim Guy Tucker did go to jail. (For crimes unrelated in any way to Whitewater, by the way.) Jim McDougal did go to jail, and died there, because the Republican prosecutor told the jury that McDougal had SWINDLED THE CLINTONS! And what exactly was Susan McDougal covering up? The essential credibility of David Hale? Wonderful.
    Paula Jones was a civil action.
    Please show your work next time.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was about to note that Jim Guy Tucker did go to jail for something that wasn't a crime when he did it and I'd add that he had to resign his governor's position. The net result was that a laughable Baptist minister, who was the Lt. Governor at the time, became governor, a postion he would not have been elected to, in a state-wide race.
    Arkansas having only one Republican governor since reconstruction. And a one-termer at that.
    But that laughable Baptist minister, on the strength of being the incumbent, was elected twice to the office and is now one of the leading lights in the 2008 race for president.
    Whitewater's grand result.
    Jim McDougal was a crook, and Susan McDougal was a trophy wife, who knew exactly nothing, but was harrased to jail because she didn't implicate the Clintons, even though she knew nothing that would have anyway.
    Jesus, I'll send anyone who asks a copy of Gene Lyons's Fools for Scandal. The best account of a sad time for American journalism.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I like the part in Lyons Hunting of the President when Ginnifer Flowers claims Clinton would take her to a specific hotel and bang her on a weekly basis, even though this hotel had not even been built until years after the affair took place.

I mean, Clinton certainly tapped that ass, but get your ducks in order first, Scaife.

Draft saved Draft deleted