1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Support The Troops, Part XVI

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Here's part 3 apparently too. Nice job, US Army!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/19/AR2007021901113.html

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Large portions of the WP have re-awakened in the past year and a half or so (excepting such career tools as Richard Cohen). We are grateful.

3. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

We're surprised, how?

I mean, stories like this are as shocking, anymore, as day following night, as are the denunciations that follow.

4. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Fucking appalling. :mad:

As the son of a WW II veteran who nearly froze his ass off in the Ardennes Forest, busting his ass for wounded soldiers during the height of the Battle of the Bulge, I'm absolutely sickened by this.

I'm not picky, but someone -- many someones -- need "career adjustments" for this.

Props to Priest, Hull and their editors for these stories. Hopefully, someone will wake the fuck up. If not, perhaps some more ballsac-twisting stories about the Paleolithic incompetence displayed during this shameful exercise will do the trick.

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys, it gets better!!! THE FUCKERS KNEW ALL ALONG!!!!!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/28/AR2007022801954.html

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Afflict the comfortable, and comfort the afflicted.

You said it, buster.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Abu Reed or Walter Ghraib?

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm getting sick just reading this. Folks, as a disabled veteran, I literally am shocked at the way the Army is treating its soldiers. This is not par for the course, at least not during the decade of service I saw.

9. Worse, alley, with the WWII generation in the prime age-demographic, the Pentagon closed the three -- three! - Alzheimer's-specific geriatric wards it had around the country. A friend of mine was a nurse in one of them. Those vets are getting dumped into the general population and are simply being medicated into Zombieland.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

Did anyone watch "To Iraq and Back: Bob Woodruff Reports" the other night on ABC? That had tears in my eyes one minute and my fists clenched, knuckles white the next. This WP story takes it to another level.

Goddamnit.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

My first ex-wife worked for a House veterans affairs subcommittee, focusing on homeless veterans. The numbers of them are absolutely astounding and revolting. And as someone who does indeed look to the VA for a portion of support (disability check, infrequent medical care), there's been cutbacks which only serve as a slap in our collective faces.

12. NDub

NDub Guest

HEY, HEY, CHECK IT OUT

WASHINGTON - The Army on Thursday fired the general in charge of Walter Reed Army Medical Center, saying he was the wrong person to fix embarrassing failures in the treatment of war-injured soldiers that have soiled the institution's reputation as a first-class hospital.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070301/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/walter_reed

Draft saved Draft deleted