1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Supplementing your income

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Joseph K., Jan 4, 2008.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I hear ya.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you probably could make more ...

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I tried to do this in college and just couldn't. I didn't pass out, but I got very faint and had to sit. (Not a well-tended-looking crowd in there, either.) I got kind of queasy just reading about it here.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My friend called me today and he's looking for a way to pick up some extra cash. I said, "Dude, just sell your plasma."

He says, "I don't have one. ... Oh, you mean my computer monitor?"

My friends are special people.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

that's almost creepy.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not hot enough to get put on the main stage, eh?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

whoever said you can't make a solid point with a minimum usage of words is high. completely high i say, my friend.

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Moreso than the primate thread, your friends are proof of evolution.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Some of my friends are proof of devolution: Good people, but they're clearly going in the wrong direction.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I did the referee thing to help out a friend who ran the Y youth programs.

Made about $40 each week, usually on a Saturday, officiating flag football or youth basketball. Gave it up when I realized I was doubling my dealing-with-whiny-parents time.

Favorite moment was the football coach who was mad about his kids' blocking. He said, "That's bullsh...I mean bullcrap. Now go out there and FUCKING block somebody." Had to flag him because coaches were forbidden to use profanity.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

yet another instance of what makes youth sports in america great.

12. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I, surprisingly, haven't sold plasma and I used to live next to a plasma center in college. I had a few friends who did and they usually had big bruises all the time from the needles.

Depending on where you live, caddying might be a good option. Though you probably won't be able to do this for a few months. I caddied throughout high school and college and loved doing it. If you find a good club where you can show up when you want to, it's an easy way to make good money. I'd get at least $10 an hour in cash, and often made more. Once or twice I made $200 for a round, which took about 4 hrs. You're outside and get a little exercise, which are pluses, and you might be the only person available to do it at the start / end of the golf season when all the younger caddies are in school

Draft saved Draft deleted