1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Superstars 2009 = Massive FAIL

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Apr 21, 2009.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

I went to school with Ali Landry. If she dresses anything like below on the show, count me in. LOL

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dressed like a blue box with a white ?

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Hmm, showing up on mine.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I'd rather see a return of Battle of the Network Stars.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Hopefully all of them can master a bicycle better than Johnny Bench.

6. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I am definitely DOWN for some Superstars. What are you doing... mañana?

7. The Sklar brothers are probably pretty fired up; Cheap Seats returns!

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Here, here.

The one that started it all:

Host: Howard Cosell
    ABC team: Gabe Kaplan (captain), Darleen Carr, Lynda Carter, Farrah Fawcett, Richard Hatch, Robert Hegyes, Ron Howard, Hal Linden, Penny Marshall, John Schuck
    CBS team: Telly Savalas (captain), Adrienne Barbeau, Gary Burghoff, Kevin Dobson, Pat Harrington, Jr., Bill Macy, Lee Meriwether, Mackenzie Phillips, Loretta Swit, Jimmie Walker
    NBC team: Robert Conrad (captain), Melissa Sue Anderson, Karen Grassle, Tim Matheson, Ben Murphy, Barbara Parkins, Joanna Pettet, Kevin Tighe, Bobby Troup, Demond Wilson

And perhaps my personal favorite, thanks to the triumverate of Cheryl Ladd, Suzanne Somers and Valerie Bertillini:

Hosts: Howard Cosell and Telly Savalas
    ABC team: Gabe Kaplan (captain), Fred Berry, Billy Crystal, Chris DeRose, Victor French, Cheryl Ladd, Kristy McNichol, Penny Marshall, Suzanne Somers, Parker Stevenson
    CBS team: Jimmie Walker (captain), Adrienne Barbeau, Valerie Bertinelli, Kevin Dobson, Jamie Farr, Caren Kaye, James MacArthur, James Vincent McNichol, Loretta Swit, Lyle Waggoner
    NBC team: Dan Haggerty (captain), Robert Conrad, Elinor Donahue, Patrick Duffy, Peter Isacksen, Lance Kerwin, Donna Mills, Belinda Montgomery, Michelle Phillips, Larry Wilcox

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Ok, the picture is showing up now. Hommina, hommina, hommina...

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Look at that first CBS team: Burghoff, 60something Bill Macy, 60something Telly Savalas, coked-out Mackenzie Phillips and Jimmie Walker. Talk about epic fail.

But Suzanne Somers, Valerie Bertinelli, Cheryl Ladd, Donna Mills, Adrienne Barbeau. :eek:

That's some good eatin' there, Captain. Nice pull.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I see Victor French and I flash back to Carter Country: "Handle it, handle it!" Great pull, indeed. The Landry picture is a great pull (so to speak), too.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

That was actually Richard Paul, who played the effeminate mayor on that show, Dools. He was the one with the hand flip followed by the "Handle it, handle it" line.

Draft saved Draft deleted