1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Superbad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DougDascenzo, Aug 8, 2007.

1. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Saw it last night. Very, very funny.

NSFW trailer:

Basically, two hours of dick jokes, mixed with some always-hilarious high school angst. I highly recommend it to anyone who liked "Knocked Up."

Kid from Arrested Development (George Michael was his name on that show, I believe) was very good — he definitely has great comedic timing. And the fat kid's mouth is just foul.

A must-see.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

How did you see it last night? When is it out?

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I love George Michael, but the movie looked shitty. And to echo Doc, how'd you see it?

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I feel like Michael Cera's character in AD is the perfect character for this type of movie. For that reason, and the fact that Knocked Up and 40 Year-Old-Virgin were really good, I'm really excited for this movie.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Supposed to be out Aug. 17.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Maybe Diabeetus, as an entertainment writer, has infiltrated the SportsJournalists.com board.

7. DougDascenzo

DougDascenzo Member

Got a free advanced-screening ticket from a friend who works PR. The theater was filled with high-school kids (no idea how they landed the passes), who were surprisingly well-behaved the whole time.

The organizers made everyone give up their cell phones and cameras before they entered the theater, I guess to avoid any bootlegging. I thought it came out this weekend, but I guess my lady and I got in on an early treat.

To reiterate, it was a really funny movie. Dick jokes galore, fun with crazy cops and lots and lots of awkward sex and sex talk. So many hilarious one-liners, I can hardly remember them. Now that I think about it, it was a bit formulaic, but who the fuck cares? In fact, I might nuke my account so I can re-ermerge with a new handle: "McLovin."

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It sounds like a sexy hamburger!

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It really flows.

10. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

super nsfw

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Siskel and Ebert Roeper and dude filling in for Ebert reviewed it early last week and they both loved it.
    Said McLovin was one of the best characters they had seen and that while dirty as hell, had a point about not growing up so fast.
    I'll go see it, or, more likely, I'll illegally download it.

12. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Holy shit. This has the potential to be the funniest movie ever made. "... a big, veiny, triumphant bastard..."

Draft saved Draft deleted