1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Tuesday Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 31, 2008.

1. BO. I like that. I can hear chants of "Go BO", "Go BO"! Also sounds folksier which should work in the South.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

yes, yes, anything that may reflect positively on Clinton is shrug-worthy. Anything negative to the Clintons is, of course, the Biggest. News. Ever.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Folks set themselves up as the answer to every problem on earth . . . they're going to be subjected to in-depth probing and analysis. Goes with the territory.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hope that isn't what you're taking from what I said.

I was just pointing out what I know about Minnesota. I doubt that poll is close to accurate, especially since Edwards is out.

From that link, the bad news for Obama comes from Oklahoma and Tennessee. He isn't getting any kind of traction there.

5. Meanwhile, want to read some completely bullshit campaign reporting?
    http://blog.washingtonpost.com/thefix/2008/01/mccain_internal_memo_de_facto.html

The Fix "obtained" a memo in which McCain is described as the super-dupper, unbeatable towering force after next Tuesday.
    "Obtained"?
    I'm sure there was some real hardbitten newsgathering involved.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Straws in the wind, Massachusetts division.

1. Received a telephone call from Obama volunteer last night. Not surprising. Gov. Patrick, an Obama supporter, has a strong organization out here in Boston's gayIslamocommie western suburbs.

2. Clinton had TV commercials during the 6 o'clock news broadcasts of at least two stations last night. Surprising. Boston advertising time is not cheap. She certainly must BELIEVE it's a close race in this state.

7. Two phone calls and a mailing from HRC in the past two days. Internals must suck hereabouts.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Gee, the McCain insiders are feeling good about themselves.

Good for them.

Wholly justifiable.

Something out of nothing . . . of course, the alternative is to do a straightforward poll story, and they were obviously looking to come at it, from another direction.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It is now!

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's Bastard Blowback! They see the writing on the wall!

Did anyone else catch the internal financial reporting that showed McCain was flat-ass broke before he won SC and Florida?

Willard has to be just fucking kicking himself. Probably nothing he could do about SC, but if he would have won Florida, it's probably his nomination.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

He did everything he rationally could, to buy it.

Not everything can be bought . . . thank God.

12. I sit back at FB World HQ and lightly pull the strings.
    And Willard ran 4700 commercials in Florida.
    Wowser.

Draft saved Draft deleted