1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Tuesday Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jan 31, 2008.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

As Russert said yesterday, his rumpled tie flying madly around his spinning head, 'THERE ARE TWO SUPER BOWLS THIS YEAR! ONE SUNDAY, ONE TUESDAY!!'

2. Some fat in the head there is, hmm....

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Romney can have Massachusetts, Colorado and Utah as his parting gifts . . .

Don't let the door hit ya . . .

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

JoMac was only pulling 40 percent in his home state. Not even a majority.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

OK...bottom line it for me since I haven't been keeping up with the exact numbers. Let's say Hillary and Barack split the states in the Super Tuesday primary, with each getting a fair share of key states.

Where does that leave it, in terms of total delegate numbers? And is there any way for this to go down to the convention wire? I ask because, honestly, when was the last time the actual convention had drama over who would get the nomination? (keep in mind, I didn't start paying close attention until '84, or maybe '88.)

6. Football_Bat

Hard to say because different states apportion delegates in different ways. It's a Charlie Foxtrot, to be frank. But if Hillary and Obama split delegates right down the middle, Hillary still holds an edge because of the superdelegates (earlier described as elected officials and other Dem officials whose endorsements are not tied to a public vote).

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Hillary, win Illinois? Why do you think she chose to carpetbag her precious ass to New York?

All other things being equal (a huge presumption, I know), if she'd tried for the Senate out of Illinois against a representative opponent in a balanced year, she loses. Downstate KILLS her.

8. Football_Bat

And upstate is Obama country. Obama probably gets 70% in the Land of Lincoln.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I was so hoping we could get by Super Bowl Sunday before starting the Super Tuesday thread, but I thought wrong. ::)

10. Football_Bat

Then there's Super Signing Day Wednesday afterward ... a beating unto itself.

I've got Super UIL Realignment Day tomorrow.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If Fenian watches Star Wars one more damn time I'm going after George Lucas.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

How's your Tuesday going?

[​IMG]

"SUPER!!! Thanks for asking!!!"

Draft saved Draft deleted