1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Dave Osborne on the comeback trail!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double J, Nov 24, 2008.

1. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

I vaguely remember his whole Super Dave Osborne thing, but I think he's great on Curb Your Enthusiasm:

"We were trying to re-enact what happened 25 years ago. I said, 'Larry do you want to make a toast?' And someone said, 'Larry went home to take a shit!'"

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Letter,

The great lost irony: Super Dave survives stuff that should kill him on stage. His father died on stage in Milton Berle's arms.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=5179

o-<

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Wow, great story.

Sounds like the whole family is/was pretty damn zany:

During the 1930s he was known to millions of radio listeners as Parkyakarkus, a florid Greek lunch counter proprietor who delighted in mangling the English language. Einstein created the character for "The Eddie Cantor Show" and parlayed it into a regular spot on Al Jolson's radio program (1936 to 1939). At one point he tried to get his name legally changed to Parkyakarkus, claiming nobody knew who he was otherwise, but a New York court ruled against him.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Parkyakarkus ... that's so meshuggenah!

Draft saved Draft deleted