1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVIII thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Yeah 40 minutes on a good day. Seattle definitely got better draw in terms of
    practice location.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Does Gov Christie make a Super Bowl appearance?

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Wise politicians lie low during big sports events. It's a surefire way to get booed. The NFL runs a video of the President welcoming fans to the game on the scoreboard during the endless pregame hours, and I saw both Republicans and Democrats booed.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

If you add those up, it adds up to 12-4.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Pete Carroll wants league to look at medicinal marijuana.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/10360723/pete-carroll-seattle-seahawks-coach-says-nfl-consider-medicinal-marijuana-treat-injured-players

Says nothing about medicinal Adderall.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is worthy of it's own thread!

7. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

My take is Manning will be able to get some yards and points against the Seahawks, but the Legion of Boom comes up with at least one turnover. Between Wilson, Lynch, Tate, Harvin and Baldwin, I think the Seattle offense has enough to overcome Manning. But it should be a helluva game. Seattle 41, Denver 31.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Haven't anticipated a Super Bowl this much since the Bears played PFM and his Colts.

Hoping this works out better for the Seahawks.

I like both running backs (Lynch, Moreno) to pile up big yards as both QBs struggle. And a pick-6 by Sherman decides it ...

Seahawks 21, Broncos 13

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So has anyone written the obligatory "this city sucks" column yet?

And how weird must it be for the NY media? Do they check into one of the media hotels so they can drink and be shuttled around at all hours and get the full SB experience or do they commute from home?

10. LongTimeListener

1) If the Seahawks win, which I think they will, it will not be at a tempo that allows them to score 41 points. That's seven scoring drives -- or six if you factor in a defensive score. The way the Seahawks play offense, throwing the second-fewest passes in the league, they would need 45-50 minutes of possession time to score that many points.

2) Why do people have this obsession with Harvin? He won't contribute a thing.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's all over for the Pontiff.

After attending the first 47 Super Bowls, Edwin Pope's streak comes to an end.

http://bit.ly/1ecS2vf

12. LongTimeListener

No reason was given for Pope breaking his Super Bowl streak. Pope declined comment on not attending this year's Super Bowl.

That's a pretty weak line from his own paper, especially on a blog that bills itself with this header:

Everything Dolphin: No subject is taboo, no deadlines, no space crunch.

Draft saved Draft deleted