1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVIII thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Jan 26, 2014.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

The teams are arriving today -- the Broncos just landed -- and hype week begins.

And, it goes without saying which corner of this game I'm in. Should be a fun week with lots of talk of the weather, PFM, Richard Sherman and more.

Oh, and the game.

Should be a great matchup. And a little trivia. Lots of talk that this is the first time teams that used to be in the same division are meeting in the Super Bowl. But not true. It happened once before. Who were the teams and when were they in the same division?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Everybody always talks about the weather, but nobody ever does anything about it.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Buccaneers and Raiders is the answer.
    This is the first time in SB history a top scoring offense has met the top scoring defense.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Bucs-Raiders, Super Bowl XXXVII. They were both in the AFC West in 1976.

Not counting Jets-Colts, of course, who weren't in the same division until two years later.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Already have an NFL Playoff running thread. Suggest that the Mods lock this one up.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3725038/

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

I hear ya, boom, but if the mods agree the supe deserves its own thread I'm down with that. ;) 8) :)

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The Steelers and Cowboys, who've met in three Super Bowls, were both in the NFL Eastern Conference in 1966, the last year before they split into divisions and the season of Super Bowl I.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I can't decide who I want to win. It would be Broncos easily to give Manning his second ring (which won't count for some reason among the people who want to justify not liking him), but Richard Sherman being MVP of a Seattle win would also be sweet.

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Talk about anal. You'd think someone was wasting scarce resources by starting a new thread on a message board.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

And in the following season, the playoffs expanded from two teams to four. The Colts went 11-1-2 . . . tied for the league's best record . . . and did not make the playoffs.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Denver 40, Seahawks 21.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

It's not about resources. An NFL playoff thread was started complete with a poll about who would
    win The Super Bowl. Just thought it would be nice to keep all discussion to one thread and see it
    to completion rather than doing a DB.

Draft saved Draft deleted