1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tyrod Taylor has a ring, too

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Damn straight!!

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

The "60 Minute Sports" this week was a good watch. All-access and a great 35 minute segment.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

NFL Network did an hour last night of Sound FX on Super Bowl. Many players and both Harbaugh brothers mic'ed.

From the start Jim seemed tight as a tic and John was a cool as a cucumber like he was coaching an exhibition game. Never lost his focus and just made decisions. Jim got caught up in a lot of the ref calls.

Ray Lewis did not have a good game physically but it was clear that his leadership during game was a factor in Ravens winning.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"I don't quite know what to make of that," said Phil Simms on reviewing the replay of Flacco tacking Ginn.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If that did happen, you know the league would be able to flip Ray Lewis and get him to testify against Flacco. Although Lewis might claim, at least at first, they'd barely met.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

White player does it - just a total competitor who hates to lose
    Black player does it - disgrace to the sport, should be banned

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

beyonce' was terrific, but this remains my fave and know several folks 'round here agree:

http://backstreets.com/news.html

they'd never be able to pull it off but halftime entertainment at metlife nex year SHOULD be brooce and jon bon jovi sharing the stage and doing a mix of a handful of their songs. what would be cooler in joisey?

[

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

"I'll tell ya, Jeem, I saw some contact there, but it looked like Ginn ran into Flacco. Good no-call there."

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I finally watched Inside the NFL today and loved the part where Rev. Ray rubbed his hands on Jones before the kickoff and after the td was yelling "I touched him" as if he was a faith healer curing a cripple.

Draft saved Draft deleted