1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2013.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Harbaugh never threw Alex "under the bus" because there was nothing to throw him under the bus for. IMHO that occurs when you blame someone for something. Here, Harbaugh was looking forward, not backwards.

Now w/r Caldwell, that was kinda making him a scapegoat, now it looks like it worked though.

2. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

You'd lose on No. 2 Cundiff was cut before the NFC title game..and he can't sign with the Ravens either: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-former-ravens-kicker-billy-cundiff-ineligible-to-return-to-49ers-for-super-bowl-20130121,0,397290.story

How many actual Niner fans are on this board? I grew up in the middle of nowhere and as a kid got on the 49ers bandwagon after their 2nd Super Bowl win and haven't gotten off since. Ill take my boys to win, 38-17.

3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

The overall excellent reputation of Indiana University graduates appears to have lifted the careers of those two gentlemen.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Save the occasional blue moon -- in this case, L.A. Rams wins over the 49ers -- this is what I grew up with:

Hated the 49ers but only in that I wished the Rams were that great.

5. Songbird

More Roger Craig:

6. Songbird

Montana (and Allen) in KC:

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For San Francisco, a chance to become a two-title town:

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/nfl_coverage/2013/01/after_san_francisco_giants_win_title_niners_getting_their

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Jim's move correct. John's move seems to have worked but who knows how much a change OCs really means 2/3 of the way into the season (including playoffs).

Though they may beArrogant, whiny, preening, self absorbed, douchebag, schmuck, assholes, the QB and OC changes they made were professional moves and apparently correct ones.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Meh. I'll probably find something better to do that day.

I really have no rooting interest. Maybe slightly for Baltimore, just because San Francisco won the baseball championship. Still don't like Ray Lewis, though.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Grossman performed as if it was his first career start. #stillbitter

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about Hoss, probably because he was in his fifth season at that point.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's interesting to look at past point spreads and totals for the Super Bowl. Seven of the last 8 have going under the total. And there has only been one pick 'em game in Super Bowl history.

http://www.beyondthebets.com/list-of-all-super-bowl-point-spreads-over-unders/

Draft saved Draft deleted