1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2013.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I like this matchup because the starting QBs played college ball for powerhouses like Delaware and Nevada. Not a BCS quarterback in sight.

Who will win? West Coast represent, y'all.

San Francisco 21-17.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I have dealt with Jack Harbaugh and have always liked him but I can not warm up to Jim. Is he as big a dick as he seems or is he actually OK?

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He's even a bigger dick than he seems.

But I sure do love watching from a distance.

4. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

So he is really that much of an asshole? Wow.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This is how a friend described dealing with Jim Harbaugh...

"He's not a difficult as Belichick, but give him time..."

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Harbaugh is light-years more entertaining than Belichick. He's the most entertaining coach in the league to watch.

Here's an answer to an early-season question on whether he had doubts about Alex Smith, which he attributed to "gobble gobble gobble turkey from jive turkey gobblers." Of course, not a month later he confirmed that all of the gobblers were correct.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000087647/Harbaugh-It-was-a-lot-of-gobble-gobble-turkey

And then there was this from yesterday.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

does Coach Hoodie cry and whine? Or does he just treat the media with disdain?

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Remember, the context of Harbaugh's melt down, it was a huge call, 3rd down and Falcons would have likely punted, really looked like the ball hit the grown before Douglas regains possession.

Even if Harbaugh's as arrogant as he appears; damn after Singletary/Jimmy Raye fiasco, you have no idea how starved the 49er Faithful were. In addition, after the gravy years of Eddie D's ownership, the 49ers were being run by Eddie D's brother in law, John York, who just did not project confidence or even a sense of control.

Harbaugh stepped into the breach and immediately gave the franchise a sense of direction, purpose.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Oh my goodness. They are human beings who make a living playing football. Quit trying to put these guys on pedestals. They put their pants on one leg at a time. You want a hero? Go to Subway.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Fucking hate Subway. Every corner grocery store in Northern Jersey makes a better hero than Subway.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

There you go. You've found a hero.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Probably the primary reason this year's 49ers are better than last year's; last year Akers was All-Pro because he made nearly everything but also because he had so many opportunities. The 49ers were almost the worst in the red zone last year.

This year, they have improved by leaps and bounds. Yesterday, they were 4 for 6 (Crabtree fumble, Akers miss) but those 4 were TDs. Last year, those are probably 4 FGs. Blaming Smith? Kinda, but more that Kaepernick will throw to tight windows and his run threat opens it up so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted