1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLVII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Jan 20, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The 49ers say they are "highly confident" that he will be cleared. However, that was before he fumbled at the goal line, so I say throw the book at him.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

There is one thing that I can be reasonably sure will happen - a Harbaugh will be holding the Lombardi Trophy.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

If you look at it strictly logically, the pick would be the 49ers, but Ravens are riding a giant wave of momentum right now; pick against them at your peril.

And, I think SF could be in trouble if it comes down to a crucial field goal with the way Akers has been lately.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I agree but give Akers the time off to work on his fundamentals and SF will be fine. I think this is actually a pick em. Both teams mirror each other.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Momentum this year is whatever you did in your last game. Ravens were 22-1, Niners 6-1 to win the SB when the playoffs began. Broncos were the faves at 11/4, Pats 4-1. Despite the NFC being a much better conference this year. 39-24 vs. AFC this year.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This.

And this.

At some point you figure that Flacco and Co. are actually legit.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Luck, Manning and Brady aren't exactly good prep for Kaepernick. It might be worth a 15-yard penalty early (something he'd feel) to get into his head.

I think the stat of the day in NE/Bal game was the Patriots crossed the midfield line nine times and only scored 13 points. The Ravens crossed midfield five times and scored 28.

8. If the Ravens win does Cam Cameron get a ring?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think he's entitled to a playoff share. I know of players who were cut halfway through the season who got rings, but I never asked them how exactly that worked. For all I know, it was something they had to purchase for themselves...

10. Being cut is one thing. - I guess it's sort of like being fired. But the cut players - if they aren't signed elsewhere - can come back.
    In this case, Cameron was fired and replaced and while the Ravens didn't exactly set the world on fire, losing two of final three regular season games, you have to think the Ravens got the trip to Miami because the fired him.
    But yeah, I wonder if he gets anything.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Screech is calling the plays on offense.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Who does America root for in this game?

ESPN and CBS may make Ray Lewis out to be Mr Redemption, the 13th apostole. But for most of America he's a cross between Michael Vick and Shawn Kemp, with better PR.

The 49ers with Hardouche and Cracktree are not very likeable, though Kaepernick is a nice story.

BTW Brandon Jacobs gets a Super Bowl ring (if SF wins)and a playoff share, he was cut.

Draft saved Draft deleted