1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Super Bowl XLIII Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by The Good Doctor, Jan 18, 2009.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If it wasn't a fumble, and IMO it wasn't, they should have at least had the chance to try.

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, the myth of prevent defense is that it doesn't work -- but I'd love to see the number of touchdowns teams have given up in it.

I bet the percentage of touchdowns is very low.

If you rush three or four and drop seven or eight keep the ball in front of you and away from the sidelines you don't give up those big chunks and teams more often than not run out of time and at most have to settle for field goals.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I respect you, so I will look on the Tivo again.... what play was that?

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I know I agree. It's just that some said he needed to win it to be a lock. That performance was plenty good enough to seal the deal for me. He led a game-winning drive. Only problem was there was too much time left on the clock when he did it.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Assumption or did you see it?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Fitzgerald's catch inside the 20 on the drive that made it 20-14.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Darby was a step too late and Big Ben probably exaggerated on the flop a little to get the call, but it wasn't a horrible call by the ref.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Warner said it.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Game like that - really would have liked to seen one last deep toss into the endzone as time expired.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

It was on like a 9-yard pass to Fitzgerald in the third quarter, I want to say.... Going from memory though. It was a late flag. But there was holding. And the refs called it both ways. They called it tight, to be sure, but they weren't really wrong.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Yep.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Competition committee -

If the ball does not pass the line of scrimmage in the air, it is a live ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted